Chapter 12

"I've fallen in love many times.... always with you." - Internet

Angela's pov

I started walking with those men. They took me to a room bigger than the previous room. It was badly lited  room. But I was able to see few more men having the same attire. I was still confused. I was unable to understand the situation. I was looking around the room and slowly trying my best to untie myself. Though, I failed.

All of a sudden a well-built man entered the room. He looked slightly different than others. He was taller and had broad shoulders.

I wasn't afraid but I remained quite. He forwarded his hand and another man handed him a paper. He unfolded it and presented it in front of me.

"This is the second lodge, where you have to deliver the medicine." He said pointing at a cross mark on the map.

I nodded. He explained the whole route to me.

"You have to do the job within 3a.m." he said glancing at his watch.

I peeped and saw it was already 1a.m.

"They will ask for a code." He continued,"Mission: Jacob Alberto..."

My eyes widened on hearing that name. Did I heard it right? Jacob? Jacob Alberto?

"You've to say the code correctly. Else...." He said smirking and glided his hand on his throat.

I gasped.

"If you fled away or don't reach there on time, you know what will happen to others." He said giving a devilish smile. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. I expected him to give me all the reasons for the situation. But all my expectation crashed when he only explained the route to me.

One of the men came and untied me. I was relieved.

"Here.." He said roughly handing a bag. I slightly glanced inside the bag. It was full of tablets, bandages, powders, can food etc.

I took the map and the torch. My hands were shaky and cold.
I took a deep breathe and headed outside the lodge.

The only thing was present outside the lodge was darkness. The only source of light was my small torch. It was chilling cold. I pulled my jacket towards my skin. The trees looked scarier than the in horror movies. The wind which was responsible for moving the dry leaves made me gasp.

It was dark and gloomy. My torch light made the trees visible. It was more or less a forest. I was only hoping not to meet anything scarier than this.

I glanced at my watch which ticked 1:45am. My throat was so dry and itchy that I began to cough.

ShitThe torch slipped from my hand and rolled down the path.
I ran after it. Suddenly my leg felt a pull and I feel on the ground. I felt sharp pain on my face. I tucked my blonde hair behind my ears. I rubbed my face and took the torch. To my horror, I found blood on my hands. My nose was terribly hurting. I gasped in pain. I assumed that my face hit the ground so hard that my nose started to bleed. My forehead was also bleeding badly. I tried to move but failed due to a sharp pain in my foot. I turned around and discovered many thorny creepers wrapped around my foot.

The thorns were piercing my skin and blood oozed out from it.

I cried and fell on my knees. The thorns were stuck on my hands. My vision was blurry because of blood. Blood flowed down my forehead endlessly. It ran over my nose and reached my mouth. My mouth filled with saltish taste of my blood. I started to cough. The ends of my blonde hair had spots of blood and dirt on it. The pain was unbearable. This was my end.

Sorry mom, I failed to live on my own.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I cried out aloud. But I felt adrenaline rush in my body when I remembered a name.

Evan.

Hi guys! srry for the late updates. As our school has started the updates will be late.
we really appreciate your patience🤗
Vote,comment and share.
Love❤❤