you're my high (five)

"So, you just released your music video for Havana-"

"-It was fantastic by the way."

"Aw, thank you so much, guys. It was so much fun to film and do... and just, everything."

"While you were sitting there eating your popcorn in the cinema, I was sitting with my popcorn behind my computer screen watching this amazing production. You did so well."

"You're so sweet. Thank you," Camila can't stop the blush that overtakes her face at all the heart-warming compliments she gets from one of her most treasured songs.

"You're absolutely welcome."

"Well, it looks like we'll have to wrap it up there. We have one last question though," the interview states, pulling out another card from his pile to read.

"Absolutely. What's up?" Camila asks, sitting on the edge of her seat.

"Oh, this is a funny one. Have you seen this video?" The other interview places an iPad in front of Camila with a video beginning to play.

'If someone had just given Camila Cabello a high-five she wouldn't have left Fifth Harmony'

"Oh my god, I've seen this before. It's so embarrassing." The Cuban hides her face in the palm of her hands as she watches the video for what seems like the hundredth time.

"The question is; do you get high fives now?" The interviewer asks in all seriousness.

"Honestly, this is such a controversial matter, that I made a pact with my girlfriend, Y/N, that she has to give me a high five whenever I want one. It's the only way to make up for all those lost years."

"Can you give us some examples?"

"Well..."

---

"Welcome back everyone! Today we are joined by special guests, Camila Cabello and James Arthur. Welcome!"

"Thank you for having us," James credits.

"Yay! I'm so excited," the Latina cheers, lifting up her hand for the interviewer to give her a high five. She, however, completely misses the action and looks over to James to ask a question to him.

A small pout makes its way onto Camila's face, as she slowly lowers her hand down toward her lap. She looks down solemnly, genuinely affected by the fact that she didn't get a high five back.

This always happens to me, she thinks to herself.

You can't help but pout also when you see your girlfriend so down. Nobody knows, but the small, cute girl actually gets really affected when people ignore her high five and leave her hanging.

That's all the thought you need. You find yourself speed walking into the studio from your place backstage, and into the view of the camera currently recording James and the interviewer chatting away. Camila still hasn't noticed your interruption as she played with her fingers in her lap.

You get down on both your knees in front of the couch she is sitting on, finally grabbing her attention as she lifts her head to look at you.

"Babe?" Camila asks, quirking an eyebrow questionably. The brunette quickly looks around, seeing all eyes on the two of you as kneel there in front of her.

You lift your hand sheepishly, now realizing the consequences of your action and how this will probably be all over the internet by tomorrow. But you had to do this for your girl.