// Y O U //

// Y O U //
(Every chapter is based on the songs.)
"You're a liar, at least all of your friends are. And, so am I."

// Its my party and I'll cry to the end. I had a house party after I had recorded down the last bits of 'Facedown' EP. It was a bit of hard work, but it was done. And I was happy about it.

We were planning to film the facedown video soon.
I was dressed in black and my hair looked quite awful, I wore laced up combat boots that needed washing. I don't know why I didn't spiff up more, it was a bloody house party. I should've looked like a proper host.

Anyway, my good mate Dan (bastille) was there and he brought his friend and his bird. She was a bit stuck up, to be honest. It almost felt as if the energy she was giving off was awfully negative. It was almost like she was trying to get back at me for something.

Anyways, by the second hour of the party, mostly everyone was drunk including me. There were people singing to the tops of their lungs, belting out their favourite lyrics. I sat there in the corner, watching that girl as she draped herself across some other guy I forgot the name of. I looked over at Dan and surprisingly he wasn't even paying attention that his girlfriend was getting on with this other lad.

She got up, and moved toward another guy on the opposite side of the room, my eyes followed her. She thinks she's the life of the party? That's quite sad. It's gonna take a bit more than her.
I was going to try my best to NOT let it get to me, but I wasn't doing a very good job.

I got up and tapped Dan on the shoulder, pointing to his now former bird. He looked angry all of the sudden, like he wanted someone to notify him. "She's mine and she thinks she can just do this crap in front of me? We're going home." He growled and walked towards her. I almost spit my drink on myself, trying not to laugh. Trying to visualize Dan, showing a - nope. No, can't do it. You probably get it.

I walked over to the mini bar and grabbed a shot, just as Dan and her were walking out. He was mad, she was bummed out. I looked her straight in the face, "it takes a bit more than you." I said, smiling. Her jaw dropped a bit, but she quickly stormed off with Dan.

"I'd like to make a toast!" I proudly announced. "Here's to crap people and crap parties. Takes a bit more than that to bring us down, right?" I said, everyone cheered, taking their shots.

Alright, so that dancing bit, it was really hazy. But I remember not dancing in the corner, just being content watching the others have a ball. Here's to crap parties, here's to crap people. Don't let them bring you down, those losers.

-Matty