Chapter 18

Summer POV

I didn't remember much from last night, everything just blurring together into a messy memory. Last thing I remember is talking to Tomiks then drifting off into sleep. I brought Freddy's hoodie to school the next day and was leaning up against my locker.

C- Hey sleepy head.

S- Oh hey (yawn) Freddy.

I turned around, startled to see the monster behind me.

It was Clark.

S- What are you doing here?

Clark folded his arms and curled his lips into a smirk.

He had been gone for the past weeks, which had allowed us to practice in peace.

C- I just checked the School Of Rock Website and how you're all going to play at the graduation party.

S- You're saying you're as if you're implying that I'm part of the band. It's not true ya little troll.

C- Whoa there. Almost sounds as if Tomika possessed you. I'm just saying to you as a friend how excited I am for the band to be playing.

Ring

C- Oop looks like you need to go now. Bye bye.

With the fakest smile ever I marched away with confidence.

On the way to class I spotted Freddy coming out of the bathroom.

F- Oh hey sleepy head.

I shuddered for a bit.

He seemed to have noticed.

F- Um did I say something wrong?

S- I just had the worst conversation with Clark. I'll tell you all later. It's important.

F- Ugh I can't stand him!

S- Hey the feeling is mutual. OMG remember when he wanted you to join that accapella group a few years back?

F- Ha ha oh my gosh that was a nightmare.

S- Well we did get one thing out of it.

F- What?

S- Well we all found out what an AMAZING singer you are!

F- Haha I'm not that good.

S- Come on Freddy you're pretty dang good.

He smiled and looked at me.

F- You know you've got a cute little sparkle in your eyes.

We just kept staring at each other, I could feel the tension between us.

He cleared his throat.

F- Ahem well uh here we are.

I hadn't even noticed that we had arrived. I just wanted to stay and stare at him for eternity.

Super short chapter but sorry once again for not updating as much as I would like to! But thank you to everyone who have been waiting patiently for updates!!