CHAPTER 7 - THE BET.

Disclaimer: I don't own the story or characters featured in Gilmore Girls, however I have a fertile mind and a fan orphan heart.

A/N: Thank you so much for all your attention and for sticking with me. I will try to reply to all your amazing messages individually. This chapter is VERY important to the story because it changes everything completely. I must say I'm a bit nervous about posting it. I rewrote it a thousand times until I got close to what I wanted. I hope I succeeded. Please review and let me know how you feel about it. ❤

CHAPTER 7 – THE BET.

Rory walked into the room having second thoughts, but decided to go along. She'd never thought of herself as a coward, so she wouldn't back down now.

She stood still, watching Logan pacing around. The room was huge. There was a fridge and the television mounted high on the wall wasn't turned on. It was a beautiful comfy room, the only problem — There was only one bed.

"So what happened?" Logan asked, curious to know why she was there.

Rory sighed. "Amy is on a date."

"Oh. So you're homeless?" He smiled dejectedly, letting a little satisfaction leap from his lips.

"Yeah. Why do you have a huge room, only for yourself?" She asked, glancing around at the intimidating décor of the interior.

"I requested it." He naturally responded.

"So you could be free to bring someone here for a fun filled evening? Got it!"

He grinned to himself, slipping into a white shirt. "I didn't say that."

"You didn't have to." Rory said as Logan turned to her. She could still see his abs through his shirt. She forced her attention upward before he noticed she was staring.

"You can have the bed tonight." He said.

"Where are you going to sleep?" Rory bit her lip, she hadn't intended to kick him around his own room.

"I have the couch."

"No, Logan. That would be ridiculous. I'm the one trespassing your room in the middle of the night." Rory said firmly.

"It's not a big deal."

"No, we can share." She stated, resolutely.

Logan shrugged, nonplussed. "If you say so."

"There's just one more thing I need to ask of you."

"My liver?" He joked.

She pretended to be considering it as she cast her gaze toward him, saying. "Probably too damaged already."

Logan just grinned.

"I don't have any clothes. Can you borrow me some?" She muttered, feeling a hot warmth spreading across her face, reddening her cheeks.

Involuntarily, Logan scanned her body with a mix of curiosity and amazement. His eyes narrowed in sharpened interest on her face. Supposedly, he was assessing her size to decide what he should offer her, but she felt it was much more than that.

"I don't think I have any pants to fit your skinny ass." He said, playfully.

"I don't have skinny ass." Rory whined.

"Yes you do. But this isn't a criticism."

Once again, his words echoed in her ears. Was he hitting on her? She never knew for sure.

Logan walked to the wardrobe and picked up a shirt that he gladly offered her. She accepted it without looking at him again, and then walked into the bathroom.