Chapter 5

I drove to the nearest McDonald's and it was pretty empty considering it was Friday night. There were probably two other cars in the parking lot and I parked as far away from them as I can just in case they want to be stupid and hit me.

"Let's go." I looked over to Lauren who was already looking at me.

"Are you paying?" She asked as we stepped out of the car.

"Me and what paycheck?" She rolled her eyes with a little smile before going into her pocket and pulling out her wallet. She opened it and checked it quickly before we started walking towards the entrance.

"Okay, I guess I'll pay but next time it's all you."

"Oh so there's a next time?" I smirked at her and she blushed slightly.

"Whatever let's just go." She bounced me slightly and entered through the door into the well lit establishment. A stark contrast from the darkness that surrounded us outside. We were standing very close in line as our eyes scanned the board to see what we wanted. I was looking at the dollar menu though, I'm not gonna let her spend all her money on me.

"Hello, welcome to McDonald's what can I get for you today?"

"Uh yeah I'll have the 20 piece McNuggets." That earned a look from me. Twenty pieces?

"The meal?"

"Yes please, what do you want?" She turned to me but I was still unsure of what I was getting.

"I don't know, you order for me."

"And she'll have a Big Mac." I raised my eyebrow. She got Big Mac money? She pulled out her wallet and handed the lady a card which she promptly swiped and handed back. We moved over to this side as we waited on our order.

We stood in a comfortable silence as Lauren put the card back in her wallet. After she finished she looked up at me with those captivating eyes of hers. I held the intense eye contact for as long as I could which was not very long and probably very infuriating for Lauren. "What is with you and eye contact?"

"I don't know. It just weirds me out." She raised her eyebrow.

"I know someone like that. She never looked me in the eye but I got it out of her, eventually." She lifted my chin to look back at her. "I'll do the same to you."

"We'll See." I brought my lips between my teeth before I looked away once again. "So you don't want me to go home huh?"

"Be honest, did you want to go home?" I look down before glancing back up at her. I never want to go home.

"No." The lady came over to us soon after with our order and Lauren took it before we left back to my car. I slipped into the driver's seat and Lauren in the passenger's before we started eating.

"You know, you're pretty cool when I look past all the weird." My mouth dropped as I feigned hurt.

"Me? Weird? What?" She laughed at my stupid attempt at sarcasm.

"I'm serious, you're innocent and inexperienced but not naive and stupid. It's easy to talk to you." She took a bite out of her nugget immediately after as I was just staring at the beauty beside me.

"Thanks." She turned the radio on and gospel music started blaring through the speakers.

"Is this what you listen to?" She had a disgusted look on her face.

"It's all I'm allowed to." She shook her head and started changing the station until she heard another song. I wasn't sure what song it was but Lauren apparently knew the words as she does to every other song.

"Your life sounds sad Y/N. You need to live a little." She picked up another nugget and handed it to me. "Be free my little nugget."

"I'm your nugget?"

"Absolutely." She smiles cutely before listening to the other song in the radio. "Have you ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend before?" I felt a little taken aback by the fact she asked me about girls. No one ever does that."

"Boyfriend and no I haven't." She furrowed her eyebrows before she spoke up.

"You're straight?" She sounded surprised.

"Yeah." She hummed in response and raised her eyebrows before looking back forward as two people came out of McDonald's.

"Okay." It didn't sound okay. It sounded like she didn't believe me but she couldn't. I never told anyone that I even thought about being interested in girls. I barely told it to myself. "You sure about that?" I nodded steadfast in my lie.

She will not know before I do for God's sake. I don't even know what I am I think I'm straight but I think girls are pretty and guys don't interest me very much, but I'm still straight and I'll go to heaven for it.

"You live in my dream state." Lauren sang along with the radio as a song I'm guessing she likes came on. She turned up the radio and turned to face me. "I love this song."

"It's beautiful." She continued singing the song while facing me earning a smile from me. She's so cute.

"I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind." She held my chin in her palm as her eyes darted from mine to my lips momentarily. I don't know what this means but I don't think friends do this with each other. "I can only see your face when I close my eyes."

The air between us got thick even though there was barely any space for the air to fit. Her beautiful eyes were drawing me in to do something I really shouldn't be doing but I just couldn't help it. I wanted this, whatever this is.

"Can I get a kiss? And can you make it last forever?" She sang lightly, a small smile evident on her face as she glanced down at my lips again. The air between us was almost non existent now and I don't know what came over me but I closed the last inch between us and it felt....good. Our lips were molding perfectly together and I didn't think about how wrong this is or how my mom would react or how God would punish me but I thought about the girl sitting before me. The beautiful girl with skin of porcelain and eyes of a serpent. Those eyes alone would make me sin.

I pulled away slowly with my eyes still closed in both ecstasy and fear. She brought her hand against my cheek and ran her thumb across my cheek. "It's okay." She whispered. "You can look at me it's okay."

"I'm scared." I said truthfully and a light chuckle escaped her beautiful lips. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be." I finally opened my eyes and looked into hers. "I liked it." A smile overtook my face as I brought my lips back to hers in a bubbly kiss. Her hand found it's way to my cheek and she gripped it firmly before placing her other hand on my waist.

For the rest of the night we shared stupid glances and we were giggling like crazy over the stupidest things. We talked about lots of stuff too and it was almost like the voice in the back of my head telling me how wrong and disgusting this is wasn't there. Almost.

A/N: I haven't updated in so long y'all I'm sorry. School and depression been kicking my ass.