18: Are You Going To Get Off My Dick And Tell Me What's Wrong?

"You left me, baby," the first sight to greet me as I opened my front door to my house was Debbie sitting on the ground, her slim arms cradling her kneecaps

"You left me, baby," the first sight to greet me as I opened my front door to my house was Debbie sitting on the ground, her slim arms cradling her kneecaps. I stared at her for a moment, taking it in, before my sight of vision switched to the crack pipe by her feet.

I knew from the sight that I shouldn't feel bad, but to say my heart didn't break at the sight of her in that state would be a lie.

"You left me like everyone else does." She looked up at me with blood shot eyes and a surprised expression. I walked over to where she was sitting, before plopping down next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She looked shocked at my actions but didn't move. It was obvious she'd been crying mere minutes before I came home.

"I left you." Her voice was husky from the crying as she shook her head, looking at the ground in thought. She closed her eyes and a single tear fell down her hollow cheek, followed by a waterfall. "I'm a failure." She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "I left you like Mark left me."

I shook my head and straightened up, my arm falling from around her shoulders as I took in every word she said.

There I was thinking she was crying out of guilt. My voice was shaky as I tried to act like I wasn't affected by what she just said.

"Mark left you." The words left my mouth slowly.

She bursted into hysterics at my words, and I just stared at her blankly. "You're supposed to be comforting me, Aubrey." I sat there for a moment, too lost in my thoughts to bother about moving or talking. Her voice grew louder, "You're supposed to be here for me."

"It's because of Mark." Her expression turned to anger at my words, as if to say 'what else would it be'.

I didn't move or flinch as she glared up at me, still in hyserics, I just stared at her before shaking my head. "What's wrong with you?" It was my own voice, but I was too lost in the confusion of how she went from being so hurt to so angry in a matter of seconds.

"What's wrong with me? You're the reason he's gone!" I warily stared at her, unable to believe my ears. Her voice was raised and I flinched.

I thought back to the time that creep was over, which ended in me getting a bong identical to the one that lay on the coffee table thrown at me.

"I was just trying to look out for yo-" I was cut off immediately by Debbie standing up.

"You've never done anything to look out for me!" She was shouting and I stayed quiet, not quite sure why she was like this, but my guess was the ice she had in her system. "

The words took a while to form in my mouth as I glared up at her, but once they formed they didn't stop, "it's not my job to look after you Debbie. It's not! I'm 17 years fucking old and I'm living like I have a 40 year old daughter. I pay the rent, I pay for food just so what? So you can fuck me over every time you find a new man? You think I keep leaving you? You're the only one who's leaving Debbie! I've always been here for you when I have no obligation to be."