Meeting the Poetess

Happy reading 😃😃

She stood there watching the stars. The only thing that kept her sane was that. Tomorrow morning was going to be a new one, as it was everyday. But for this day, she had been waiting for the past five days. She was going to travel. All alone.

A. L. L.  A. L. O. N. E.

Her parents were out of station. A traditional baby shower function. Her sister not a person to stay away from mom, so was out too. It was her now, all to herself. All alone. She was free to do anything she wanted. Her parents were a little hesitant though, but gave into her request of a two day trip to Manipal. Well it was one and a half day only to be exact. Whatever, Saturday and Sunday was going to be spent in Manipal. She had booked the night bus, which starts by 10:30 PM and reaches by 6:30 AM in the morning.

Rya

So, tomorrow?

I don't know...
Will let you know.

Oh. Okay.

She had to keep it calm. Wanted to give her a surprise. And it was going well till now. As planned.

"Are you sure you can go alone?" her friend asked.

"Gayatri I'm twenty one. I can" she smiled.

"Still akka, I think you need company" she said.

"Dhanu kanna (little one), do you have your tickets?" Gayatri's mom asked.

"Aah attai (aunt), in my pocket" Dhanshree smiled "cake too" she chuckled.

"That's why I smelled cinnamon" Gayatri pouted.

"You have good senses" she smiled.

"My daughter she is" her aunt said all proud.

"Yes, your daughter" she smiled.

"And a doctor too" aunt said which made Gayatri roll her eyes.

"True, we have a little doctor coming" she smiled again.

"Shall we leave? It's late already" Gayatri asked.

"It's just nine" she said.

"You don't know the Bangalore traffic" her aunt sighed.

True that. She never went out. She loved having herself locked up and staying inside the four walls.

"Mama?" she asked.

"He's gone to pick Monisha" Gayatri replied.

"Oh my god! I forgot she was coming back today" Dhanshree facepalmed herself.

"She's going to be so mad" her aunt smirked.

"I think there's nothing to smirk in that. Attai has to take my side" she pouted.

"I'll see" she laughed.

There was nothing to laugh and the three of them left for the bus stand. Dhanshree tried keeping herself calm, but some or the other way around was still nervous.