Chapter 5

" Please tell me you are not - " Adelaide began as a shiver went down her spine .
" I can , they are like waves - I , I'm an Empath !!?" She exclaimed , amazed at her own knowledge . Adelaide nodded . K , so this is new ....
After being dismissed from the Heartcenter  . She was given a day to regroup and rest  up at home .
They're house was fairly large , it was a craftsmen with wood and light blue trim at the top. Colors symbolized the different families here . Children who were gifted didn't happen often . Some prodigies' parents were both gifted and lived in Everlane . Otherwise , each student once graduated , can choose to live in the world of the Gifted or to return to the mortal world. Her father had ice and crystals that he could use like Alec, who had frost as his gift .
She trudged up the white staircase that spiraled up to the second story in the corner of the room. Ignoring both her gaurdians' emotions and strange looks .
See that's the thing . If a child turns out to be gifted the parents can choose to send them to Starstorm to live with guardians . .... and then voilla!
Her room was painted a light blue .The Dark hardwood creaked under her as she stepped. Her bed sheets dark blue and a circular window behind it .a tiny blue crystal chandelier hung in the corner near her closet .
Even with the door closed , she could still fear her gaurdians ' worry and distress radiating off of them in strong waves . It was almost to much to handle
She was a keeper of fire ... great .... she was an Empath ...great ..alone .... but having two gifts was - unexpected .
The next day followed . Thought it was extremely long since she didn't go to school.
Finally Wednesday came . For a fourteen year old girl, missing a day should have been the best thing ever ! But for Wren , she knew she couldn't miss a detail. She needed this.
     Every subject in Starstorm  was crucial for her survival - that's right - life and death .

   She spent most of her day trying to control the tiny flame she would spark in her hand . 
Her mother  advanced into the room without knocking , holding a tray with a bowl of soup . Wren tried it , and couldn't help but notice a peculiar sour taste in the smooth brother . She pushed  a disturbing thought away .  Her gaurdian, Sarah , was beautiful  - perfect red lips and flowing  black hair .
  Wren groaned . " Why am I  here !  I should  be at Starstorm ! "
    Sarah laughed " Lady Adelaide  thought it was best if you rest up before returning  to the heavy curriculum .  Your little incedent and manifesting took quiet a toll on you . "

Her response was answered  by more agonizing  groans .

No matter how hard Sarah tried , Wren could tell she was genuinely  afraid of her . And now that Wren focused on that concept , she realized  no other prodigy  that she knew of had manifested  as a pyrokenetic. What if -
     No . There was someone . She couldn't be the only gifted child with fire as an elemental  power . 

             Next chapter up soon