PROLOUGE

POV: THE AUTHOR

He stuffs his hand in his pocket and starts to pull out an item, but something behind him shuffles and it falls back into place. He suddenly breaks into a sprint, not looking back for a second. As he fly’s past the bakery and other buildings, he trips and falls to his knees, landing face first in a puddle. As he lift’s his head he notices something peculiar: a pair of wiggling bare feet. He starts to scream, but before being able to get up a foot stomps on his head with extreme force. With no more than an evil laugh, the bare footed man leans towards him as he falls silent, reaching into his pocket and taking the object. A black SUV turns the corner and the man jumps into the car. It revs off into the distance.

POV: THE BOSS

"HE’S WHAT?!" I stare into her eyes, spit flying everywhere. "GET OUT!" She doesn’t move. "NOW WOULD BE GOOD!" She bows and runs from the room. I straighten my tie and sit back down. I cannot believe it, another one dead. "Can’t they do anything right!" I yell to the emptiness in the room. I stand up and walk towards the whiteboard on the wall. I add another cross.

When I started my mission I had twenty-five men. Now ten of them are dead. They all get their hands on it, but then at the last second the next of my ‘helpers’ kills them. It’s all for the prize you see. If they can keep it for ten days they get $1million and my daughter. The last one to die, Tom Marza, had two hours left. I was so close. But now I’m so far away. It’s up to Henry now. I hope he doesn’t fail me like the others did. I don’t have time for silly games.

POV: THE DAUGHTER-CLEMENTYNE

I run as fast as I can to the bedroom.

"YES, YES, YES, YES, YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I jump on my bed. I’ve ruined the sheets but I don’t care.

After two minutes of celebrating I sit down on my bed. I’ve just been eavesdropping on my father. I know I shouldn't of but I don't regret it. Not now that I know I don’t have to be sold off to his 'winner'. I hate the fact that he thinks I am HIS property. I know he’s my father and all but I am not his to keep. He’s just going to have to accept the fact that I am not going through with this. There is absolutely no way I’m doing this. He can’t make me. I cringe at the thought of what his ‘helpers’ may do with me once they have me, but I have to stay positive. No negative thoughts: I'm not leaving. For the next ten days I am but a prize waiting to be collected.

HEY GUYS!!!, THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BOTHERED TO READ MY 'STORY' SO FAR. THE IDEA FOR THIS STORY CAME FROM A STORY GENERATING SESSION AT SCHOOL WITH AN AUTHOR... AND I KNOW IT'S NOT THAT GOOD AT THE MOMENT BUT ANWAYS... ANY COMMENT FROM ANY OF YOU, WETHER IT BE GOOD OR BAD, IS MORE THAN WELCOME! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!