Helper #11: Remaints

JESS' POV

I wake up to the smell of burning wood.

I stay still.

I daren't open my eyes for the fear of the potential that there may be police at the site. I lay there for a a minute or two, taking in the sounds of the area. The only thing I hear is the craking and popping of the house.

I inch open my eyes ever so slowly: I'm not taking any risks.

As I take in my surroundings I notice no difference. Nothing has changed except for the fact that the building that once resembled a house is now a pile smouldering wood and belongings. You would not have even known there was a house here before if you hadn't been this way. Thats how remote this place is.

No one knows it's here.

Nor will they ever.

I stand up and stretch my arms walking towards the remaints of the house. I haven't even walked 20 paces before the retched smell of burning flesh reaches my nose. I stand back and pinch my nose while gazing around trying to findher.

As my eyes fall upon the charred burning body, my heart skips a beat.

"Oh Holly.." I sigh aloud.

I can't believe things had to end like this. Things definatley weren't supposed to end like this.

But I can't let that stop me from my main mission. Return the item and dispose of Clememtyne. Or so Uncle thinks. I honestly can't beieve how naive I was accepting to something like this. But Uncle isn't (or at least wasn't) stupid, what type of seven year old is going to say no to playing a game and a peppermint?

That's what I thought.

I turn to a sprint and Run away from Holly and back up the paddock. At the top, I turn around. I go to check my pocket for the item.

It isn't there.

"Fuck, fuck, fuckitty, fuck, fuck!" I start to panic. "Crap, no, no, no, no, nooooo! Ahhhh, this can't be happening!"

Just as my antics start to get out of control I pat my other trouser leg. "Ohhhh," I retrieve the item from the pocket. "False alarm!" If nayone was here with me they'd think I was insane

I start off towards the bush. I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm going to do. But one thing I do know is people are going to be after me, wanting to find the item. But they aren't going to get it. Not on my watch.

"Here I come" I whisper to no one but myself.

Even if someone else was here though, I'd still be the only one paying attention.