chapter 4

"Kat! The bridge is out!" Chris shouted. A broken bridge was up ahead. Kat knew they were going to fast to slow down.

"I can see that, Chris!" Kat growled.

"Use upgrade N.i.t-5!" Julie shouted at Ben and Kat.

"Where!" Both shouted.

"Next to your shifter you need to lift the clear casing and hit the blue button. Make sure you only hit blue! Do not hit the red or black!" Julie replied. "On my count. Three two one now!" Both drivers slammed down the blue button and felt the cars lurch from more after power. The cars for faster and faster and the passengers of both, minus Julie, started to panick. The Titan and the Camaro jolted as their tires left the paved ground.

"Kat I will kill you if we do not survive this!" Chris shouted.

"Ben! Rear wheels down first! Hold the wheels steady!" Kat shouted, suddenly remembering that Ben had no experience stunt driving. "hold onto your hats and all cargo landing in Three... two... one...." The jolt knocked the wind out of everyone. But both vehicles made it safely.

"Kat I need to catch my breath." Ben mumbled through the comm. Both vehicles slowed down. The passengers filed out to breathe fresh air or throw up. Some of them both. Kat was laughing hysterically.

"Kat what the fu....." Jake started

"Language!" Kat shouted hitting Jake with a pencil. "I learned awhile ago. We left because my teacher died. Julie?"

"Hmm?"

"N.I.T-5? And how did you know when to use the nitrous boost?" Everyone looked at Kat questioningly. "I learned." Kat grumbled. "I know what it feels like."

"I study trajectories. N.I.T-5 is the fifth stage of nitrous oxide I put in your car. Black is N.I.T-1-4 and red is N.I.T-complete or 6. Black needs you to hit it four times for full effect. It would take too long and wouldn't be strong enough. Red would be too powerful in that situation and caused you to lose control."

Kat pulled down the tailgate of her truck and sat down. She sat still watching a few cars turn away from the broken bridge. She noticed the sun setting. She pulled out her phone; no signal.

"There is no way were are getting back tonight." Kat said. "Unless we want to go back over the bridge. We passed Silver Canyon about 2 hours ago." Kat stood up and opened a compartment under the rear seats. Kat had upgraded her interior the last week to fit it with the exterior. She didn't want to just clean the garage. She pulled out some blankets and canned food. "Everyone can sleep in the truck. Or on the truck bed. Sorry Ben I am taking your Camaro." Kat said putting the food and blankets on the truck bed. She pulled a gas can out of the bed and filled up the Camaro's tank. Then did the same for the titan. "There are four more gas cans. Try to not use them all." Kat said trading keys with Ben. She grabbed her wallet and pulled away in the Camaro.

"Looks like we are sleeping here." Ben said. He sat down in the truck bed.

______________________________________________________________________________

Laura and John were at Laura's house talking. It was almost midnight. A knock on the door interrupted them. Laura opened the door. "Hey Alan, Margaret. Do you need something?" Laura said leading them into the living room. They left the front door open.

"Have you seen the kids? They weren't at home."

"No come to think of it I have not seen Kat or Mark or even Chris." Laura stated.

"I saw them leave the school with some of the new kids. They seemed to be racing." John explained.

"Racing?" Laura asked.