Chapter 1

"It's been awhile since the school got attacked. Hasn't it? John said we are going to have to return tomorrow. How is your training?"

"It's good. I can morph but I can't hold it for long. What have you been working on?"

"I cleaned the garage."

"Sounds boring."

"Yeah but after the move we had just piled things up in there and so I just organised it."

"Still sounds boring. Do you want to go visit Korey?"

"Sure." Jake knew that everyone was confused about what happened. Jake said he didn't remember what happened after power died. He wished it was true but the pain he felt was greater than no other. Kat always said she had left town that morning because she had to do some work. To her family she also pulled the 'I blacked out excuse' Korey was emotionally tired. She blamed herself. Everyday Kat and Jake had to visit her to make sure she knew they were fine. Kat and Jake were hiding the fact that 'Rigel' existed for the time being. Kat had a feeling that something strange would happen soon but she knew to trust it. She stayed on guard all day. When she went to bed that night she she felt it get stronger. It wasn't dread it was just that something would happen. Jake had headed home for the first time in awhile so Kat felt alone. She closed her eyes and wished the comfort of sleep would overtake her.

"Eri metra pona..... Eri metra pona...."

"We knocked out the power of the city and hacked into the frequency of your link. All power is blocked."

"... Knights of Corbin...."

"Welcome to the team, Rigel."

Kat looked around everything was black. The voices and words from two weeks ago echoed in her head. She suddenly felt a cold blast of wind. She turned around.

"I.... I a...am C...c..cybertron.... Arc...c..cana..." A robotic voice said. "L... let's be...e..e friends..."

"NOOOOO!" Jakes voice shouted. Kat turned around again. "Kat... Don't..." She looked down... she had a knife.

"I... a...am c....c....c...cyb....b...bertron..... A....arc...ca...na.... le...e...et's....be.. . f...friends..." The robotic voice said again. The robot then whispered, "Let's be friends." Kat flinched. She drew the knife to her stomach

"THAT'S RIGHT DO IT!" a voice hissed.

"KAT!" Jake shouted. Kat hesitated. She turned the whole area was black. She couldn't see anything. "Wake up!"

"HAHAHAHA!" Suddenly the whole room turned red. "You will NEVER save the world you can't even save your best friends from me. Soon they will be MINE!" the room flashed into white and two wooden puppets crumpled to the floor.

"The rules are simple." A new male voice said. "You have nothing but the knife in your hand. Defeat the queen's puppets.... Before they kill you." The wooden puppets suddenly stood up and charged towards Kat. She saw it was a hunting knife. The sheath was on her waist. A puppet tried to aim a kick into her chest. She ducked under the kick and sheathed the knife. She tried to punch the puppet but it dodged. The second puppet hit Kat from behind. "Sheathing the knife... interesting choice. But now you DIE!" The two puppets tackled her.

Kat shot up out of bed she was covered in sweat. She started laughing. "It was only a dream." She wheezed out. She looked over at the clock it was four am. She stood up and walked to the bathroom to take a long cold shower.

She got out around 4:30 and got ready. She walked outside and got the news paper and ereyesterday and yesterday's mail. She set the newspaper on her dad's seat and the mail on the recipients seat. The last two letters were for her. Both were from Kathleen Martin but sent on different days. Kat knew the first one was her paycheck the second one was processed the day after. Kat set the letters on her chair. The clock read 5 am. She started to cook breakfast and started brewing coffee. At 5:30 the front door unlocked and John walked in. He tiredly grabbed his cup of coffee and plopped down into his chair. He grabbed Mark's newspaper and started reading. Mark, Chris, and Laura walked down and started eating. They read their mail while they were eating. Kat quickly finished eating, grabbed her mail, and walked out. She grabbed the keys to her truck and walked into the garage. It was 5:40 she had to be at school at 8:00. She stuffed her mail into the glove box and pulled out of the garage. She drove west towards the cliff face the adorned the side of Gold Valley she entered on to the dirt path.