Chapter 20

The show went horribly. I couldn't look at Hayley or Alan during our dances, which was especially difficult because Alan and I had to look in love in both of our dances.

When we got back to the hotel room, I took a shower and told Lettie that I wanted to be alone for a while, so I went down to the cafe in the lobby. It was closed, but they kept the doors open. I sat in a booth that overlooked the city landscape. I was deep in my thoughts when I heard a voice.

"Can we talk?" I look over a see Alan standing there.

"I guess" I say. He eases into the seat across from mine.

"Laiken, I'm...I'm so sorry that that kiss happened. You have to belive me" He says.

"I want too" I say. "But it seems so worse since you didn't even tell me that you dated her".

"I know, and I know that I should have just been upfront and honest, but it was in the past, and I didn't want to dredge up something from the past" He says.

"I told you all about Jacob" I say. "I told you everything about my past, all the feelings I felt, all the regrets I had, Everything, and you still didn't tell me anything regarding Hayley".

"I told you that I was sorry" He says. "Can't you just forgive me?".

"No! No, I can't!" I exclaim.

"Why not!? Why can't we just forget the kiss happened? Forget that I didn't tell you about Hayley? Why can't we forget everything and move on?!" He yells.

"Because I can't forget it!" I yelled with tears in my eyes. "I can't forget seeing you kiss her! I will never be able to get that image out of my head! Why can't you understand that? Why can't you understand that things probably will never go back to the way they were? And Alan, It's all because of you!".

"Don't blame this on me!" He yells back.

"I do blame it all on you! I loved you and you cheated!" I yell.

"I have never, and will never cheat on you" He says quietly.

"Kissing another woman while you're dating someone is cheating" I say. He stays quiet for a second, and then speaks again.

"You know, you just said that you loved me" He says.

"I did" I say.

"You never said it. I've only heard you say it once. Why haven't you said it again?" He asks.

"Well, I didn't think I had to say it. I thought you just knew" I say through tears.

"Laiken, I love you, and I don't want things to change with us. I know that I've done things in the past few days that have hurt you, but I swear...I will never do that again. You have to believe me when I say that".

"I believed you when you said one thing already, and that turned out to be a lie" I say.

"So, What are you saying?" He asks.

"I think you know what I'm saying" I say. Tears stream down both of our cheeks.

"I don't want to break up. Laiken, Please don't do this" He says.

"I didn't do anything. You did this, Alan. You did this" I say and leave the table. When I knew I was out of his sight, I pressed my back to the wall and slid down it. Tears fell from my eyes and I sobbed. I couldn't believe that Alan and I had just broken up. I loved him so much, but I was so hurt because of that kiss. I honestly didn't know what I was feeling. I wanted to die.

A/N: and...it's over...what will happen next?