Chapter 2

Rin's POV

I hold the small white kitten in my arms, walking to the old boy's dorm to get her some food. Her name fits her perfectly, her big bright green eyes the color of emeralds. She's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Yet she's a demon, at least I think she is. Emerald has to be a demon for me to understand her. All well, she's still adorable.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by soft purring. I look down and smile, Emerald curled up and asleep on my arm. We're almost to the dorm, but I don't want to wake her up. I pet her head and feel the grit in her fur. She really does need a bath, I bet she'd be even whiter once all the filth is gone.

I open the door to the abandoned looking dorm, careful not to jostle Emerald. I enter the kitchen and set her on one of the stool cushions. She tenses from the lack of warmth and starts to stir. I start getting the ingredients for sushi🍣 out (cause who doesn't like sushi?) I hear a small yawn and Emerald comes strutting up to me. Whatcha making, Rin? she asks curiously.

"Sushi" her eyes light up and she jumps onto the counter, her fluffy tail swaying. Give me a piece of fish, please, please, pretty pleeeease!!?? I laugh at this and nod. Cutting of a large piece of salmon, I hand it to her. She carefully pulls the slab of fish from my hand, making sure not to bite me. I then proceed to cut a piece for Kuro, who's squirming on my shoulder. He bites into it excitedly, while Emerald takes small bites, enjoying the food. I smile at the two cats and start eating a piece myself with a rice ball🍙.

Emerald looks up at me and stares, her green eyes darting back and forth. Hey, Rin, why's your ears pointed? she cocks her head to the side, curious. I don't see any harm to her knowing.

"Well, I'm part demon" I say with a small smile. He's not just any demon, he's the son of Satan! Kuro adds in. Emeralds eyes widen, and for a moment I'm scared that I frightened her. Then she says You must be really powerful!! in an awed tone. "Most people are terrified of me if I tell them, or they want to kill me." Do I look like most people? "No, you look like a cat." Exactly! I think it's cool that you're different from other people. "That makes me feel much better, Emerald. Thanks." You're welcome, Rin. Now how about that bath?

I laugh and nod." Yeah, you need it. Follow me."

Emerald's POV

I follow Rin up stairs and through halls. Eventually we make it to the bathroom. Rin goes in and waits for me to enter. He takes off his shirt to reveal a lean and muscular torso. I'm a tomato 🍅 again, I'm sure. He picks me up and sets me in the bath tube. He runs warm water and starts wetting my fur, only to realize that he forgot to get the animal shampoo. So he decides to use his own. He completely doused me and starts to laugh. What's so funny?!

"N-nothing! You just look like a drowned rat!!"he snickers at me.(🌹I tell this too my dogs all the time!🌹)Hey! I am not a drowned rat!!!! My tail whips around me, portraying my agitation. He just giggles and nods, finishing rinsing the shampoo off. As soon as he's done, I jump out of the tube and out the door. I shake on the way, making sure I get Rin wet. I run down halls and stairs, periodically shaking to get the water out of my fur. Rin chases me into the cafeteria. I look back at him to see how far behind me he is, and collide into some thing.