You & I (One Direction)

Prologue.

Hello, my name is Harriet Cousins.

I'm 17, 18 in around 3 months. December 19th is my birthday.

I'm 5'8 and I've got medium length brown hair, and violet eyes.

I sound boring, huh? Well I am. I'm also:

A whore

A slut

Worthless

Fat

Ugly

Replaceable

And alone.

I don't cut, I would get punished if i ever tried that.

My family? Dead. All of them. Each of them murdered in an act of anger. So I am forced to live with my foster family. Kim and Derek Michaelson, evil. I have lived with them for 4 years, 3 months and 4 days. I know this because it was the day my family died. And that everyday I have had in this house has scarred me like a branding iron.

It can't be that bad..

I'm afraid of eating

Of showering

Of sleeping

Of talking

Of breathing.

Why?

Fear is like my blanket, yet instead of giving me comfort, it's ingulfing me in pain, strangleing me until I can't deal with it anymore.

Why again?

Everyday I wake up to a kick in the face. Yes I said kick. I don't have a bed, and I don't remember ever having a bed. Anyway, either Derek is in a bad mood, or Kim isn't happy with something I had done.

I do all the cooking, cleaning, ironing, folding, and putting away, which I would do gladly, but if I make one wrong move I get punished. Severely.

Derek beats me, a punch to the ribs, stomach or back is his usual.

Kim tortures me. She scratches long deep cuts into my arms and face, slowly or she would lock me in the basement for days. She also uses verbal abuse. I believe her words now. I am worthless, I am replaceable.

Why don't I run away?

I'm too scared.

Hopefully I will find the courage to leave. Because if I am to survive, I have to get out of there.

My name is Harriet Cousins, and this is my story.