Prologue

Elizabeth Frestine here.

I am a jobless citizen right now and a former detective, the state of Virginia has always been a mysterious place. Some things just keep coming in and not coming out, get it? Hmph. I won't say no less.

I'm inside an old coffee shop, my usual place to stay in. Luckily, I still have money in pocket yet that won't be enough to survive another month. However, I can still consider myself lucky.

-Clang.. clang...-

That bell has always been annoying, every time someone comes in, that bell has to ring! Doesn't it? Well, this old place doesn't have a lot customers these days since that incident so this is quite new.

"Are you Detective Frestine?" A stirn voice approached me that made me spill my coffee a bit.

A tall woman is standing in front of me, she looks rich like hell. Her aura reminds me of myself in the good old days.

"That depends on who you are, lassie." I said in a husky voice without looking at her.

She stares at me for a while then sat in the other side of the table.

"I'm Carrie Cruz, I need your help." She said while wearing a serious expression. I've seen many people around this areas yet she is one of the far most different from everyone, she wears nothing but black! Black shirt, black coat, black boots, black nails even her eyes are pure black. What's even strange is that I can tell that she's been walking around town while carrying the teddy bear in her arms.

"No can do, kiddo. I'm down in the slums at the moment. Go find someone else to help you." I said in a firm tone as I take a sip on my coffee and read today's newspaper.

To be honest, it's been awhile seen somebody asked me for help, the former agency I worked for won't be happy if they heard about this. 

"I'm willing to give you 1 million dollars if you help me with this case." She's really begging for it.

"Lassie, I've been banned to do such things, you want me to end up in jail? No way highway." I didn't give her a glimpse, bribing me won't do, I've lived this age far long to get on that kind of business.

"I don't want you to think that, pardon me if I've insulted you but please hear me out, this isn't no ordinary case..."

I stood silent and tried to listen.

"Only you can solve this case because you tried to solve it before." Those words stings my ear! For me, that's one reason not to get involve with this kid.

I stood up immediately as I heard those words, she stared at my emotionless face with those pitiful eyes of hers, cuddling her teddy bear. She was 21 years old.

"I'm sorry but I can't help you. Farewell." I raced to the door but before I could open it, I felt a chill down my spine like something is pushing me back from my seat. I also realized that this lass is staring at me. Her eyes makes it more terrifying.

Not any longer, I hear voices.

Help us

Don't leave

Make her pay

"Detective... I guarantee you that it'd be best if you help me. Please... I need you." She said as she never left her seat, a soft voice she has yet a mysterious aura as well.

The voices came back

Please help...

I wanna leave now