Chapter 6 (captive)

David's pov

After what felt like half an hour, I went back to my cabin. I closed the door behind me I looked at the clock. It actually were three hours I just sat on the benches, thinking about nothing.

I walked over to my little table and sat down on one of the chairs. Facing Daniels old employment papers and seeing his picture made me even feel worse.

I wish he could be here. Why didn't he gave me at least his phone number? Is he still in the hospital? Is he even ok? Maybe I could visit him! No no that would just be wierd.

I sighed and looked out of the window. It started to rain. I smiled at the view, I love rain, especially warm summerrain. If I would've had the energy, I would've gone outside but I'm too tired again. I went back in my bed, teared the blankets over me and rolled up like a cat.

I couldn't sleep, but I also couldn't bring the motivation up to do anything else. I just layed there looking at the wall, thinking about him...

I woke up in the middle of the morning. I can't remember falling asleep.
A loud knocking sound switched my attention to the door.
„David? Can I come in?"
„Yeah It's fine gwen!"
She opened the door slowly and with a somewhat frightened facial expression.

She looked at me and tried to force a smile. I looked to the ground.
„It got worse again, didn't it?"
„Erm... y-yeah." she stuttered.
„David. Listen, I really think you need to see a doctor about this."
„No! I mean it doesn't hurt or anything! I can live with that!"

She looked at me with a mixture of concern and anger.
„C-can you still see through your left eye then?" she asked calm.
I closed my right eye and all I could see was just darkness.
My... my left eye went blind...

I swallowed hard and opened my eye again.
„Yes! I can see perfectly through it!" I lied to her to not worry her anylonger.

She sighed and said: „ ok then. I'm gonna go watch after the kids again."
„Good luck with the campers."
„Thanks, bye."
„Goodbye."

She closed the door and I was alone... again.

After what felt like centuries of just starring out of the window, The sun started to go down. And darkness filled not just the forest, but also my little cabin.

I went outside again, I feel like a circus animal that's held captive for years just for other peoples entertainment. I started walking around the forest again, breathing the fresh air in and listening to a few animal sounds that were still awake.

After somewhat 10 minutes I ended up at the campfire again. There was still a little flame to be seen.
How many times do I have to tell them to douse the fire properly.

I sighed and decided to throw a bit more wood into it, so I could see something as long as I'm here. I sat down at a bench again and starred into the fire.