Chapter 7 (rough times)

David's pov

I starred into the fire for like 15 minuets. Then I heard a sudden sound. It came from the bushes.
I thought it was gwen again and said:
"Oh hey gwen."
But no gwen was coming out of the bushes. I got nervous.
"Y-you know I hate those tricks gwen."
Still no answer. I calmed myself down with the thought of it is just an animal but suddenly a person was standing there.

Blonde hair, white clothes and a beautiful smile...
"Daniel?"
I asked in surprise. He looked like he has been through some rough times.

His clothing was stiched up or had holes in it, his hair was messy, he had multiple scratches and... oh no! A black eye.

"Can I sit with you?" He asked out of breath. I just nodded and he limped over to the bench and sat beside of me.

"Are you ok?" I asked worried as he was sitting.
"Y-yeah... it was just a bit tough getting here."
His unusual raspy voice almost broke my heart. I need to help him... somehow.

"Where did you go?" I asked. He cleared his throat and answered:
" erm... after I got out of the hospital, I wanted to come back here but... I must have taken the wrong path and ended up in the wood scouts base. They immediately thought I was a new counselor and 'recruited' me but..." he sighed.
"Let's just say I Didn't liked it there..."

He looked at me and his calm expression turned into shock.
I forgot about the flowers!
"W-what happened with your face?" He asked in disbelief.
I blushed a little.
"I-i don't know... first just a few flowers grew and suddenly I looked like a bouquet." I forced a smile.

"Does it hurt?"
"No they're just... there..."
"Can I touch it?"
"S-sure..." my face heat up as he pet the side of my face. I looked down and I saw that a few peddles had fallen off.
"Strange..." I thought out loud.
"What's strange?" He asked me. I got a bit surprised but answered:
"Erm... normaly it hurts when peddles fall off or if you try to pull them out."
There was a pause.

"C-can you touch it again?" I asked embarrassed.
"Sure..." he pet over it again and a few peddles fell of again but not as much as before.
I pet over it to try but nothing fell of when I did it.
Why is he able to do this?

We looked at each other in confusion. I blushed again.
Why does these flowers have to be so wierd?