Chapter 8 (stitching up)

David's pov

We sat on the bench for a while, thinking how this works as I realized that the fire was burning out and the sun started to rise.
I have to go inside!

I stood up.
"Come, we have to get you patched." I said. He looked at me in disbelief.
"Are you sure you want me here?"
He sounded so sad and uncomfortable.
"Sure! You were a great counselor and I couldn't just let you walk around the woods again with those injuries."
I helped him stand up and we went into my cabin.

I have a first aid kit in there.
We went into my room and I closed the door. I said, he could sit on the bed and so he did. He waited while I was looking for the right stuff in the first aid kit. During that my thoughts drifted off.

I really thought I would never see him again. I'm happy that he's back but I would've wished that he's in a better condition. What happened at the woods scouts? Did they hurt him? I hope not. That would just be cruel to injure such a charming and handsome man like Daniel...
God, not those thoughts again...

As I found all the supplies I turned around to him again and started to disinfect the wounds. His free hand gripped the bedsheets and he squeezed his eyes together in pain.
„You say if it's too painful, right?"
He nodded and I went on. Through the hole thing, he didn't said anything.
I was about to put the last bandaid on him as he spoke up: „ C-can I sleep here somewhere?"
I looked at him, he starred at the floor with an embarrassed expression.
„Sure! You can sleep in my bed."

His cheeks got red and he looked surprised at me.
„Are y-you sure?"
I understood that I was an idiot for saying that and my face got red.
„Yeah, I mean, we'll just sleep. Nothing wierd about that." I answered also embarrassed.

"O-ok..." he stood up from the bed, probably just to realize that there was no purpose in doing so. I got him out if his inner conflict.
"Do you want one of my pajamas?"
"Yes. I-if that doesn't bother you..."
„Nah! It's totally fine." I opened my closet and threw some clothes on the bed.

„Here's your pajama. You can change your clothes in the bathroom."
He walked into the direction of the restroom but shortly before he closed the door, I was able to hear a little „thank you, david."
I smiled a little and my heart beat went faster. That was so cute!