Excavation

FEW HOURS EARLIER

"What do you say to him? What does he say to you?"

"I-I don't know. I have only met him four times."

Gogo snarled at the vagueness that Britt continued to keep in all the answers she gave him. He was pissed by the fact that Dr. Dan had called her in for an unscheduled meeting. It was a Thursday, which meant it was supposed to be a free day for Britt. Gogo had something else planned for her, but clearly he was going to have to reschedule. 

Britt flinched as Gogo tightened her cuffs more that how much was needed; it pierced into her skin and she thought her hands would start bleeding any minute now. She tried to distract herself and change the topic as well. "When do I get to have food? I'm hungry."

"Not today."

"But I haven't had anything since yesterday morning!" 

Gogo chose to let it go. The psycho-mind had no track of what he was thinking anymore. He dropped her off outside Dr. Dan's cabin and ran to the basement store room. He picked the lock with such ease, almost like it was routine, and switched the light on. He took big steps but failed to avoid the stuff scattered around the place. Once a tin can would topple over and make noise and then something would crush underneath his feet. 

"Where are you?" He said out aloud looking around the racks. 

"Over here, at the end. The rope is all tangled up." 

"No, Chick! I asked you to get the thinner one! How am I going to carry this all the way up to the third floor? Jesus, Chick! And what is this?" Gogo asked picking up a transparent jar off the floor. "Are these worms? Ugh."

"Yeah, I stole them from my aunt's barn. They'll be happy with our work."

"Only if we can put it to use, which we can't because nobody will let us carry all of this inside the building!"

"Or we could get him here."

"Him?"

"The killer?"

"Her."

"Good lord," Chick chuckled. "It's decided then. There isn't anything to worry about. We still have more than five hours to kill. I got you some beer, it's in the little fridge there."

"You know it doesn't work."

The man shrugged and continued to untangle the rope.

***

Britt wondered where Dr. Dan would be sitting before she entered. She always found him in a different place every time she had a session with him. The entire cabin was his place after all, she figured. After Gogo had left her in the waiting room, she had thought that she would be required to sit silently until someone called for her. Seeing nobody in there at all, she turned to the lady behind the desk, who opened the door for her. Britt was getting acquainted to the procedure and making sure that it registered. Amongst all the things going wrong with her since she was admitted into Teresa, one was that she was forgetting the simplest of things and she couldn't figure out why. She hoped to get an answer from Dr. Dan. 

He was standing near his study this time. Britt couldn't not see clearly, but he had something in his hand-- a file? 

"Sir?" She said to make her presence known.

"Hi, take a seat." Dan gestured at the open area. Unlike him, Britt always stuck to one place. The edge of one of the couches where she first sat.