Chapter 10

As the couple got in the house, Ppalgang ran to them and licked Hyerin's foot.

Jungkook picked the puppy up and it tried to lick his face.

"Oh, you're here?" Haena came out of the kitchen and greeted as Hyerin and Jungkook bowed at her.

"Eomeonim wants to see you when you two arrive. She's waiting in the office." The sister told taking Ppalgang from Jungkook.

"Can we see Daehan first, Unnie?" Hyerin asked with worried face.

"I'm afraid you can't. She seriously wanted to see you two once you arrive."

"Unnie..."

"He's fine now. Go, it's not good to let the elder wait that long." Haena said pushing the younger gently toward a room. Hyerin pouted at her sister in law and Jungkook found it was cute. Wasn't it the first time he saw her pout?

As the door cracked open the mother who was on the couch turned to look with her serious face.

"We're here, Eomeonim." Hyerin said bowing.

"Take a seat." Mrs. Jeon motioned her hand and the couple sat down quietly.

"Jungkook, as a husband and a father, don't you think you need to be more conscious?" The mother stated looking at her son and he just nodded, totally readied to accept everything she said.

"We're sorry for what happened this morning, Eomeonie..." Hyerin started and was cut off by the her mother in law. Jungkook secretly nudged his wife's elbow telling her not to say anything in that moment. He knew his mother clearly, just listened to her first and everything will be better. Hyerin lowered her head down, bitting her lips.

"You too, as a mother you didn't know that your son was sick? And more over, you two didn't even respond to the phone call. What else should I say about you both? Oh, the only things you think about is work. I know it's important but your son needs more attention from you two, you should know that your works have no feeling but your son does. He will get hurt if he knows that his parents left him because of work." She paused to breath with her teary eyes. Hyerin sighed as Jungkook remained silent. The elder continues to blame, scold and give advices as they kept listening obediently.

"What I want to say is you two should be more alert on your son or I'm going to take care of him instead of his careless parents."

"Ne, Ma'am." Jungkook saluted as Hyerin bowed her head.

"And one more thing, I'll look after him today and tomorrow. So you two can go and enjoy working all day until he fully recovers. And don't let it happen again or I'll really take him from you." She warned and Hyerin raised her head up to look at her.

"Eomeonie, I will take care him after this...I can have a day off..." She said, pleading.

"Omma, we'll..." Jungkook also cut in but his mother stopped them.

"I don't trust you two in this although it's not serious. I even talk to your mother already, Hyerin. Take him the day after tomorrow." She finished and got up before walking out of the room, leaving the couple in doubt.

"What to do?" She asked looking at him as he looked at her in the same way, clueless.

"Omma can be gentle and she's also serious. I have no idea too." He shrugged at her.

"We have never separated like this. I'm worried." Hyerin felt like crying didn't know what to do.

Then they went to see their son who was sleeping in his grandmother's bed with a cool pad on his forehead.