My past is not today

Coming out of tonights stage performance, Calamity walked over to her motorcycle. She smirked slightly as it came in view. Let's just say. She had a date............................. Kinda. Anyway she took the handles into her hands and mounted the vehicle. She zoomed down the street. A few stops and turns later she was at the building.
    She parked on the sidewalk across the street and made her way to the door. She nocked a few times and her friend came to the door.
"Hey Cal!! Ready to make some music?" Her friend said excitedly. She was a Japanese girl who was very bubbly.
"I sure am Tsuki!! Is Makayla here yet?" Calamity asked as she entered the home.
"She couldn't make it. She called about 10 minutes ago saying she was sick and to go ahead without her." Tsuki closed the door and walked with Cal down to her room.
"Awe. I hope she feels better soon" Cal said as she passed by the living room saying a little "Hello Mr. and Miss. Tamada" as she continued on.
"Me too" As Tuski entered the room with Calamity in tow. The two girls sat down in their respective places and got out their instruments. Calamity stared playing around with some cords.
"So what kinda song you wanna make today Cal?" Tsuki wanted to know if she had any plans. She always seemed to. Not that she was complaining cause her ideas where always awesome.
"Mmmmmmmm I was thinking just play around. Maybe get a melody going and then say what comes to mind."
"Like a run?"
Calamity nodded.
"Cool." Tsuki started playing her drums in random melodies as Cal did the same.
Soon Calamity started playing this one melody. Her friend liking the sound so she started listening to see what would sound right for a some drums. Seeing fit to just do a singe beat in a "1,2. 1,2. 1,2." fashion.
Cal stopped, bringing out her launchpad and hooking it up with some techno sounds.

"Power,
Was all I desired.
But all that grew inside of me,
Was the darkness I acquired.
--- ~ ---
Calamity stood up and made eye contact with her drummer. Tsuki nodded and spun the drum sticks in her hands and started to play.
--- ~ ---
"When I began to fall,
And I lost the path ahead;
That's when your friendship found me,
And it lifted me instead!
--- ~ ---
Raising an eyebrow at Tsuki, Calamity had a slight smile dancing on her lips. Nodding, Tsuki began to sing along for the chores.
--- ~ ---
"Like a phoenix burning bright in the sky,
I'll show there's another side to me,
You can't deny.
I may not know what the future holds,
But hear me when I say,
That my past does not define me,
Cause my past is not today!

_Memory_
The bastard tried to steal her friends from her. She had heard from her one friend who had returned that he had told her "It's either me or her." Her wanting to be both of our friends didn't know what to do. She chose him. He told her to leave Cal. She refused. So.. her left her. All her friends left her. She was blocked on all her social medias. Makayla having the same treatment. Both of the friends went to Cal and told her what had accord. Calamity felt bad for both of her friends. She didn't want to cause them trouble. But ever since that day she and the two talked all the time. They even got together and started playing music together.
-Tsuki on drums and backup singer.
-Makayla on base, sound effects and back up singer.
-Calamity on piano, guitar and lead singer.
They had, had made themselves quite a band they even called themselves "Sabishī and the ghost tea party". They played together on stage sometimes. Calamity was doing big time stages but she always tried to have time to practice with her friends. Them playing at those bars and cafés where always better and funner for Cal. So she tried to stick to those.
________

"Ambition;
Is what I believed,
Would be the only way to set me free.
But when it disappeared,
And I found myself alone.
That's when you came and got me.
And I felt like I was home!

_Memory_
    During the time Cal had been with him, she had done things she regretted. Lots. It's not like she killed anyone. She would never do that. It was other things. Things she would rather not speak of. But she had to live with that. She knew that she had to learn to live with the guilt of her actions and try to make them right.
_______

"Like a phoenix burning bright,
In the sky.
I'll show there's another side to me,
You can't deny!
--- ~ ---
Calamity took a look over at her friend. They shared a smile as they finished the song. This was a song of strength.
--- ~ ---
"I may not know what the future holds,
But hear me when I say.
That my past does not define me,
Cause my past is not
TODAY!!"

Finishing the song, Calamity and her friend collapsed as the adrenaline drained from their bodies.
"How was that Tsuki?" Calamity turned her head slightly to see her friends expression. Tsuki laughed in a cute giggle.
"One for the records Cal. One for the records." Cal nodded and sat up. She reached over to her backpack and took out her things to start writing.
"Let's bring it up to Makayla when we see her next, yeah?" Cal said while focusing on her writing.
"Definitely"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The crowed cheered as the three girls left the stage.
"That was awesome! They loved it!" Makayla said while the other two nodded in agreement.
Calamity pushed up the sleeve on her shirt to take a look at her watch. Seeing that it wasn't that late and making a mental note of the rumbling in her stomach, she looked up at her friends.
"You two hungry?"