Chapter 17

Jessica Jarrell - Almost Love

One Direction - Back to You

Jake Miller - First Flight Home

"We're ten thousand miles apart. I've been California wishing on these stars for your heart, for me, my California king," - Rihanna, California King Bed.

_____________________________________________________________________________

-Iris's Point of View-

I sniffed as quietly as I could for about the hundredth time, being careful not to disturb the other passengers.

From the moment I stepped out of the elevator I could not stop thinking about what had just happened. I refused to even think of a possible solution. I was too upset and hurt to cause even more damage to my already weakened self.

So what did I do?

I cried. A lot actually. It was all I could do at this point. Once I started I just couldn't stop. So, I silently cried with my head smudged into a pillow.

Thankfully, I was in the backseat of the first class section so there wasn't many people around me. It wasn't like they were paying much attention to me anyway.

I wiped my face and blew my nose. I took a deep breath and sipped a bit of water. I felt the slightest bit better afterwards.

I was disappointed in myself for not only the fight, but for crying over it as well. It does no good for someone to wallow in self-pity. I tried to tell myself it was okay to cry, but it really wasn't. Crying does absolutely nothing but make the situation worse.

I needed to pull myself together and somehow find a way to get my mind off things. Thank God for being able to go somewhere far away from my problems. Although, I didn't know if visiting my dad and his "new" family was a blessing or a curse.

All in all, there was no doubt me and Austin needed some time apart.

Just the thought of him made a fresh batch of tears well-up in my bloodshot eyes. I squeezed my eyelids shut and blinked them away.

Okay that is enough. I wiped my eyes again and whipped out my phone.

I had seven missed calls and four text messages, all which were from Austin. Big surprise.

I couldn't resist reading them even though it probably wasn't the best idea.

Iris I am so sorry please just answer my calls I need to talk to you. Baby please

I know what I said was wrong, I should of been more understanding. I've been put under a lot of stress recently and you know that. please.

ok. I get it. I screwed up. we both have been dealt busy lately so that made us more irritable then normal. I was having a bad day and i know I shouldn't of taken it out on you. please baby girl, just try to understand.

I hope that we are ok. there is no way im about to give up on us. I know we haven't been together for that long but I know that there is something special about you and your all I can think about now. all we needed is something like this to bring us closer so we can finally start to be a couple. iris please forgive me.

That did it. I couldn't hold back. This time I grabbed my sweatshirt from the seat next to me and sobbed into it. After I spent a good amount of time crying and recovering, I formed a text that explained my current situation as best I could.

im really at a loss for words rn. just give me a bit more time to recover and think bc I think we both could use it. ill call later tonight.