kendall

Two weeks. Two weeks without Daniel Seavey. It felt like a year. I told everybody I was fine and nobody knew how much I was struggling, except Corbyn. I'd only been through two breakups before but this one hit me like a train. I thought he was the one, we all thought he was the one.

I put on a smile for my friends during the day but cried myself to sleep at night. Since our rooms were beside each other Corbyn usually heard and came into my room at night. He'd lay beside me and rub my hair until I finally fell asleep. Sometimes he'd tell me stories about when we were younger and sometimes he'd try to tell me bad jokes. I felt bad that Corbyn was always having to comfort me and make me feel better, it wasn't his job. It was my job to take care of myself.

After an especially rough night, I woke up and saw Corbyn passed out beside me. His hand was still in my hair, he must've fallen asleep while trying to calm me down. I slowly took his hand and placed it beside him. I quietly got out of bed and tiptoed downstairs, shutting the door back behind me. I heard the sounds of my friends laughing and cooking in the kitchen so I sat down at the counter.

"Good morning" Everybody said to me. I said good morning back and started to make some coffee.

"Hey how'd you sleep" Angie asked me.

"Good"

"Where's Corbyn? He's usually up by now" Jack asked.

"Oh, we were talking late last night and he fell asleep in my bed, he's still sleeping"

"We'll just save him some breakfast then" Angie smiled and I smiled back. She started to make Corbyn a plate of pancakes and sat it in my microwave so it would stay warm.

73 votes new chapter