daniel

We sat in our seats patiently as we watched Corbyn's doctor talk to Kendall. She told her that we were allowed to go in there, one at a time so he wasn't overwhelmed. Kendall turned back to us and gave us a nervous smile. We all nodded back at her, telling her to go ahead and see him. We watched as she disappeared down the hall. I tapped my fingers against the chair, waiting for her to come back. I wanted to be in there so bad, but I knew she wanted to do it alone.

Corbyn and Kendall had a special relationship, they kept lots of secrets among themselves. They'd been close since his mom first told them he was going to have a baby sister. Kendall told me that she was getting bullied at school once and when Corbyn found out he got suspended for beating up three kids. When Corbyn's ex girlfriend cheated, Kendall went to her house and gave her parents a list of guys she'd slept with while they were away, then she busted the tires in her car. They'd do anything for each other. We didn't know what kind of condition Corbyn was in but we knew that they wouldn't be able to live without each other. So I sat here tapping my fingers and thinking and hoping Corbyn was fine.

"Hey you okay dani?" Jack tapped my shoulder and asked. I looked over at him and nodded. "Yeah yeah I'm fine I was just thinking about something"

"Zach and I are gonna head to the gift shop for flowers or something, do you wanna come?" He pointed to the gift shop down the hall from us. I shook my head and gave them a light smile. "No thanks I'm gonna wait here, will you get me a water?" Jack nodded and they left. Jonah had fallen asleep so it was just me. My mind was swirling with bad thoughts as I sat there waiting. I was completely zoned out whenever I heard Kendall's voice calling me from a distance. It sounded as if she was across the room. I felt a tap on my shoulder and quickly zoned back in. I turned to see her sitting looking at me anxiously.

"I called your name a couple of times dani, are you okay?" She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me with a concerned look.

"Yeah yeah I just zoned out for a second, sorry" I smiled. She looked unsure so I took her hand and placed it in mine to reassure her a little. "Is Corbyn doing good?" I asked her. She gave a small smile that you could tell was forced. "Yeah..yeah he's good" it was easy to tell that she was very concerned for Corbyn, I mean who wouldn't be? I felt awful that I couldn't lift her spirits. The only thing that would lift her spirits was a one hundred percent guarantee from Corbyn's doctor that he was going to be okay, and even after that she'd still be scared. I held her for a moment before getting up to go see Corbyn. I kissed her cheek and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before walking to his room.

I hesitantly opened the door, scared of what I might see. I stood there for a moment, mentally preparing. Kendall hadn't described his condition so I had no idea what I was about to see, I just hoped he looked good. I peeked my head in and saw the smile of my blonde best friend beaming right at me. He was in a hospital gown but other than that and the IV in his arm, he looked like Corbyn.

"Hey buddy" I said softly, walking farther into the room. I sat down on the edge of the bed and gave him a small smile. "I've missed you dani, it's only been a few hours but it feels like days in here" he groaned.

"We've missed you too corb"

"Do you know when they'll let you all come at once? It's too quiet in here"

"I asked a nurse and she said tomorrow, we'll sneak you some good food in too" I told him and he smiled at me. We talked for a few more minutes before I left to let someone else have their turn. Walking back down the hall, I realized how lucky we were that Corbyn was alive. If it would've been any closer to his heart he might not be here. I took a deep breath and thought about it some more as I walked back to the waiting room to join my friends.

A/n CORBYN IS OKAY! I've had this written for a few days but I wanted to wait until his birthday to publish it. Last night I nearly died because a boy told me he loved me and I spammed (polarcross00 ) about 10 times because I was dying