CHAPTER 08

HeyYa,

I know I said I'll upload in a few hours but before I could, I ended up deleting a long as chapter D: D:

I have typed it up again but there might be a few grammatical errors!

#########
#########

'There has been a lot of blood loss and I wouldn't give you any false hope,' a nurse came out of the emergency ward and announced, 'her parents need to sign a consent form before we proceed with the blood transfusion so come this way.'

Mr and Mrs Raichand quietly followed the nurse while Kaira remained seated next to Siya, who was crying with her head down. Sameer leaned against the wall next to where Siya was sitting and Armaan impatiently walked up and down the corridor. It was nearly 6:30pm and so far Rhidhima was diagnosed with a leg fracture, a dislocated arm, a head injury and now blood loss.

'Oh dear,' a male voice came from a distance. When Siya looked up, she saw her father walking in her direction. Having Mr Raichand around was not something she cherished every time but right now she was glad and relieved to see her father here.

'Papa!' Siya cried and ran towards him, 'it's all my fault. Its all my fault,' she cried while burying her face in Mr Raichand's grey coat, allowing it to absorb her tears.

'Shhhh,' he comforted her, 'don't you worry. Kaira will be alright, ok?'

'Uh by the way, it's Rhidhima,' Kaira stood up, 'unfortunately.'

'Oh ... Yes....' Mr Raichand cleaned his throat, 'yes of course it is! Please accept my apology Miss Kaira Sharma,' he said sarcastically.

There was some kind of tension between the two which Siya could sense but she chose to ignore it as Mr Raichand was always like that around the Sharma sisters. He hated their guts. In fact, he hated everyone's guys who wouldn't let him rule their lives.

Mr Raichand helped Siya to her seat and then he had to make some business related phone calls so he left.

When Siya looked up again, she realised Armaan was not there anymore. Curious to know where he went, she quietly sneaked out. Her first stop was the washroom but Armaan was not there. Then she went to the balcony section of that floor to see if she could spot Armaan in any of the floors or even at the main gates of that building, but no luck. Wondering why she cares about Armaan while her best friend was in such serious state, Siya decided to give up and walk back to the emergency ward's foyer.

On her way back, Siya came across the emergency fire exit so she decided to check one last time if Armaan was there but before could open the door, she heard a male voice coming through. He was shouting and sounded tensed. Siya couldn't resist eavdropping as it sounded interesting, intense and worth listening to.

'You have no idea what you have done today!' The man behind the doors tried to keep it as low as possible but perfectly failed at it, 'no no no!! This time I deal with it! My reputation and position in the society is at stake and I can't take anymore chances. You better stay out of the picture now. You have already created a huge mess here!'

The footsteps behind the door were getting louder and louder so Siya quickly moved back from the door and turned around to run but bumped in to Kaira.

'Ouch!' Kaira squealed, 'where have you been?'

'Just went to the washroom,' Siya started walking.

'Yeah and it took you more than 40 minutes?' Kaira questioned but Siya chose not to answer it.

••••

'How is she?' Armaan questioned as he appeared again after about an hour.

'Out of danger,' Siya told him.

'But she won't be waking up for another two days because her pain killers are strong enough to keep her unconscious for another 12-15 hours,' Sameer added, 'they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they operate her arm and her leg.'

'And that requires anesthesia so it adds another 8 hours of sleep,' Siya completed, 'and then she will be on strong painkillers again to reduce the pain as much as possible.'

Armaan digested all the information and then sighed in relief. At least she was safe now, he thought.

'Where did aunt and uncle go?' Armaan questioned again after examining the room.

'Home,' this time it was Kaira who spoke, 'after the doctors confirmed that Rhidhima was ok, they went home to take some rest. You know about dad's health issues, right? I can't handle another patient,' she said with a wink.

'Damn you!' Sameer interrupted after listening to Kaira's response, 'after all that happened, all you care about is how many patient you may end up looking after? For once keep that selfish attitude aside, Kaira. Can you a little more sensitive? I guess not! You never were and you never will be!'

'What the hell, Sameer?' Kaira irrupted, 'just because I can't cry like you or your sister that DOES NOT mean that I don't care! Okay?! Just because I am able to act normal in tough situations, it DOES NOT mean that I don't understand. You have no freaking idea how much better I understand this, Okay?!! And one thing you better get straight in your mind is that she is MY sister and NO ONE cares about her the-'

'Woah woah woah!!' Armaan jumped between the two of them, 'we all love Rhidhima and we all care about her. Now get over with this shouting or else the authorities will kick us out. Okay?'

Armaan shifted his gaze from Kaira to Sameer to Kaira again, waiting for one of them to step back but they stood still like a rock.

'Seriously, you two can never let it go, can you?' Siya asked with her jaw almost touching the ground, 'it's not fair!' She said and walked away.

Realizing that no one was going to follow her, Armaan ran after Siya but she was nowhere to be seen. He looked around and then finally spotted her on the staircase.

'So,' he coughed, making Siya fiddle on her spot, 'you usually disappear like that?'

'What do you think?' Siya questioned back.

'I think not,' Armaan took a seat next to her, 'care to share?' He casually asked.

'No, I don't like breaking promises,' she confessed and turned away to hide the tears which had just escaped her eyes.

What was she supposed to tell Armaan anyway? She couldn't tell him why Sameer disliked Kaira because she had promised both the families that she would never bring up what Kaira had accused Mr Raichand of years ago. She couldn't tell Armaan why Kaira was disappointed in Sameer either. After all, she had no right to let out Rhidhima's feeling in front of her cousin.

Armaan pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and offered it to Siya. While she wiped her tears off her face, Armaan sat there quietly.

'By the way, I have never really seen a guy carry a handkerchief with him before,' Siya teased Armaan.

'Wait a second,' Armaan was not going to step back, 'how many guys have you cried in front of?' He smirked.

Siya figured out that it was a very stupid move. How could she forget that she was dealing with Kaira's cousin here? They pretty much had the same genes, right? She decided not say anything. Instead she punched Armaan's shoulder playfully and rolled her eyes. Armaan just laughed shakes his head.

Kaira was watching them from a distance. She did not know what to do or say or how to react. She was confused and couldn't talk to anyone about this. She had no where to go because no one believed her. Oh how much she regretted her mischievous behavior that everything she says or does is either ignored, or taken as a joke. Things are getting serious now, she thought. What happened today had really shaken her up and she had to do something before things got out of her hands but what? And how?

Confronting the person behind this seemed like the best option but will it really change anything? She thinks not!

############
############

A/N:

So that was chapter 8 guys. I have not really proofread it so sorry for any mistakes!

Don't forget to motivate me by VOTING and COMMENT bellow if you have any suggestions :D

Love

xx