introduction (please read)

Hello, everyone. Before I start publishing the first parts to this story of mine titled "Just Existing". I want to let you guys know this story is somewhat, or semi, autobiographical, but in no way is it non fiction, or anything like that where I'm using names of people I actually know.

But really, this story is really coming from the point of view of someone who is of color. Because nowadays, I just think everything is so misconstrued when the topic of race is brought up. Some people think racism is over and done with, others believe to not really identify as their race, and all of that is really straight-up balogna, because racism still occurs today, it is just more so silent and internal—for instance, why should one who is black not identify as black just because of the "no labels" thing that is popularizing today? It really intrigues and upsets me.

Yet, I dedicate this story really to anyone who has ever felt misunderstood, oppressed, stereotyped, called a racial slur or out of their name, offended because one simply doesn't understand struggles when it comes to a races' history and dysfunction. It's a never ending divide, and I believe it will continue to be a never ending divide which I don't blame on anyone, but the people who decided to start such divide.

I'm not looking to directly blame anyone, or to get really political. But I just want to let curious readers and people who are just skimming through this to know that some of my beliefs and views will be expressed in this story.

- Yuna Reid