Chapter 6

Danny Boy

"Phil I'm back!!" I yelled as I dropped my stuff at the doorway and put the keys on the table. Still no answer. I ran around the house until I got to his room and noticed him asleep on the bed with a bowl of popcorn spilled beside him. "God Phil you are the definition of mess" I said picking the popcorn off of the bed beside him carefully and off of the floor. I walked into the living room and tried to find something on T.V. I continued to browse through the channels with a bleak face." DAN YOURE HOME" I heard him yell behind me. I looked behind me and before I could meet eyes with him he had dived over the back of the sofa and tackled me into a hug. "O-okay yeah I saw that you were asleep" I said trying not to let him see my bright red cheeks. "Oh yeah I didn't get much sleep last night so I sorta slept in" he said coming around to sit in the couch like a normal human being which he was not. " Seems logical" I said trying to act casually and went back to browsing through channels. "Well how was your holiday?!" He said grabbing my shoulder and shaking me as if it would add more enthusiasm. "Uh it was fine. Got a little sunburnt but it's healed up by now" I said in a boring tone. "Dan that's one thing I think you need to improve on." He said turning to face the TV like I was. "Sunburn?!" I said in confusion. "No, your enthusiasm. You make everything seem so boring and casual. It bothers me." He said looking at me for a response. "Well sometimes I wish you wouldn't get so excited over everything. Not everything is actually exciting". I lied. I love his excitement. "Oh whatever ill work on it if you work on enthusiasm skills" he said in a daring tone. "Deal" I said holding my hand out for him to shake it. Surprisingly he took my hand and put all my fingers down accept for the pinky and twisted his pinky around mine. "I don't care about shaking Dan. Pinky promises are the real deal" he said with his eyes squinted a little bit. "Hm" I said with furrowed brow as I continued to browse through cooking channels.

Philly Cheese steak

As I walked in the kitchen to get some soda I noticed a bruise on the back of Dan's neck. "DAN IS THAT A HICKEY?!". I was in so much shock I didn't think before I asked that question. "Um no I fell on the diving board and hit my neck! Why are you so concerned?!" He said in a surprised tone. "No it's just I- uh- I don't know. U-uh just forget about it" I said pouring my soda trying to erase what had just happened from my brain. "Phil what do you wanna watch?" He said throwing the remote to his side and standing up. "I don't care" I said taking a slow sip from my glass. "Cmon get dressed and get your shoes on we're going to do something. I can't stand the boredom" he said,  walking to his room.  "O-okay then" I said putting the glass in the sink and shuffling to my room to put clothes on. And then within a few minutes we were out of the door.