Chapter 4

December 3, 2013

Working as a personal trainer has to be the coolest thing ever. I pretty much get to make my own schedule. My coworkers are amazing. My clients are the best. And I get payed to work out! I mean how much more could I ask for?

Well, a less possessive boyfriend. That's what I could ask for. But I already made up my mind that it was going to end once and for all tonight. I was just worried how he was going to take it. What if he freaks out and tells me I can't break up with him? Or what if he even hurts me?

"...hello, earth to Rad." Gina, one of my coworkers says. She's been working here for 5 years and has helped me fit in rhe more than she will ever understand.

"Sorry, just got a lot on my mind. What were you saying?"

"That Mrs. Davis is gonna give you your first male client. You've been here a couple months, and we're getting into a busier season. I think you're gonna be fine honestly. I've seen you stick up for yourself to those dumb gym rat guys, and you do a pretty damn good job."

"Haha, thanks. I'm just still pretty nervous. I just don't want him to be some creep."

"Oh, I don't think it will be," Cassy says. She's a trainer here who I shadowed for a little. "I heard its gonna be Eric. He's always at the gym here, and has trained with several different trainers, and I've heard he's a decent guy. So you don't have anything to worry about!"

"Aww, our little baby is moving up in the world. We're so proud of you!" Gina jokes with me sarcastically.

"Thanks guys. I'm really nervous, but you definitely helped. I think I'll be fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I brought Savin to the little coffee shop on Valley. I wanted to be in public when I told him. I knew he was gonna end up yelling. A lot. And if we were in public, he'd still yell, just not much.

"Sav, I just can't do this anymore. I really like you. But I need to be my own person, not always having to worry about if you will approve of absolutely every decision I make. It's not right."

"What the hell Radley? That's absolute bull shit! I am not possessive over you, everybody needs to freaking stop saying that!" He slams his fist down on the table and raises his voice. A couple people look towards us with worrisome eyes. I did not want to cause a scene.

"Come on. The other day you were pissed because you found out I was at the mall with my mom and I didn't ask you. I don't need permission to hang out with my mom."

"You know what? Whatever. It's fine." His voice was calm and that worried me. "But let me tell you this Radley Mae Jefferson. Something is going to happen. Something bad. And I promise. You will regret ever having this conversation me." He just walks up and leaves quietly.

What have I gotten myself into.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Will do," he says, as he walks out of the gym.

Cassie gets done with her client about the same time as mine. "I can't believe your still working with him, Rad. With what happened between you and Savin, i thought you'd ask to not be his trainer anymore."

"Umm.. Why?" Little confused, Cassie.

"Because. Eric. Savin. Eric is Savin's dad." Crap.

"Oh god, I really need to go talk to Mrs. Davis."

"She won't be in until tomorrow, you should be fine. Your next session isn't until next week. But I don't understand why you're so freaked out about this. I mean, it's not that huge of a deal." I didn't tell anyone except Jennifer about way he said. But I guess I should tell someone else.

"Uh, well, he, umm, kind of threatened me."

"He did what!" Cassie looked furious. She was a tough girl, someone you could always look to for help, and I loved her for that. "Radley, you stay away from both of those boys. And tomorrow we'll talk to Mrs. Davis more about this."

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow Cass."

I pack up my gym bag and head towards my jeep. I look to my right and see...

"Radley, can I ask you a question?" It's Eric. Say no Radley, say no. He's leaned up against his SUV, untying his running shoes.

"Sure, what can I do for you?"

The next thing I know I was yanked into his car, blindfolded, and knocked out. Shit.