Carry on

Chapter one : Memories of the past.

I remember it was bright Saturday afternoon, fresh and beautiful. Dad said we were going for a drive to pick up my older brother from soccer practice

" Hailey were going to pick up your brother, do you want to come?"

" SURE DAD, IN A MINUTE !"  I screamed

I was 8 years old then and my brother was 10. He always seemed like a hero to me, even though he always chased me around 

" Hailey, hurry up!, your dad's starting the car!" said mom

"Just let me clean up my dolls!"

After we picked up my brother the most tragic thing in my life struck. Some fog came up during the drive. Very heavy fog. So my dad couldn't see too well through it then. BOOM!. The car accident struck. I was was unconscious and woke up in the hospital. Luckily, my brother woke up. He was waiting for me to wake up too. But he was crying.

" Aiden, why are you crying?"

He wouldn't answer.  

" Aiden, what's wrong?"

I started to worry.

" Aiden?"

"  What?" He finally answered

"Why are you crying?" 

Before he could answer a man with a white lab coat came in.

" Hailey and Aiden Underwood?"

"  Yes ?" Aiden answered 

I was very curious at what this man was trying to say. I wondered why he looked .... sad.

" I need you two to come with me."

After that he took off the IV needles from us and led us to a room. Aiden started to look worried as we walked from our room to the room the man was taking us to.

As the door opened I started to feel worried too. But then it was a room with my parents inside. I felt a little happy but then I saw another man, this time without a white coat put a white sheet over them.

" Hey Aiden are Mommy and Daddy going to sleep. Don't they know that the blanket isn't supposed to go on their faces"

Aiden didn't answer.

" Hailey, your parents are ..... dead." The  doctor said

I didn't understand.

" What, no, your lying, Aiden tell him that Mom and Dad are just sleeping" I said with a weary voice

" No Hailey he's telling the truth, and face it"

Is Aiden lying to me and that man. Or could it be the truth.

" No, they're not"

I ran to the bed where Mom and Dad were lying with a tear running down my cheek. I shook my parents in fear.

" Mom, Dad wake up"

Ever since I couldn't believe that my parents were actually gone. Since then my thoughts were never the same. Me and Aiden were then sent to an orphanage where we would live for the rest of our lives. Aiden also vowed that he would keep me safe from harms way.