Dear Cousin [9]

Whose Point of View Will You Choose?
[Yukimura]
Select: [Nozomi]
.
.
.
.
.

After making that pinky promise with Yukimura, I began to wonder.

'Should I tell Yukimura-san about myself?' He did say that he would listen to me if I had any problems.

But...this problem has been with me even before I arrived here in Shinga.

I felt my hands clench into fists as I internally debate. To tell the truth, I'm scared.

What will he think of me when I tell him my past?

But Yukimura was a nice person, I don't think he will mind. I'll feel better knowing that there's someone else besides Yuzuki that knows this.

Walking carefully, I checked the meeting room to see if he was still in there. 'Not here.'

I continued on, trying to find Yukimura until I finally found him sitting outside his room. "Um, Yukimura-san!"

"Hm? Oh Nozomi." Yukimura sent me a smile, but that smile faltered the minute his gaze landed on my expression. "What's wrong?"

"I...I think I need to have a talk with you." I gulped down my fear and exhaled. "Do you mind listening to what I have to say?"

"I don't mind." He patted the empty side near him. Taking the offered place, I took a deep breath.

Then I began my story. "Do you remember what I said the first time I met you, Yukimura-san?"

He nodded, proving that he remembered.

"Before Sasuke-san and the others found me at the forest near the Sanada Territory, I was originally supposed to be meeting up with my cousin back in my world."

When I was younger...I started having problems with middle school, oh um...a school is a place where people we call students go to in our world to learn reading and writing.

It was hard to explain, but I managed to tell Yukimura.

But my problem had to do with the students there. You know how I always say negative words about myself right? Well...a lot of people at my school liked to talk. Sometimes to the point of creating rumors behind other people's backs.

Usually I'm not at the center of their attention due to my quiet nature. So I've always managed to avoid being the subject of the rumors.

That was until a transfer student was assigned near me.

Arisugawa Anju.

She was a like raging storm.

Outgoing, friendly, and popular...that person was the exact opposite of me.

At first, I thought she would ignore me like the rest. However she wouldn't stop putting me out on the spot. I didn't know if that was their way of being nice or trying to embarrass me.

One day I was fed up with it, and asked her why she keeps pursuing on talking to me.

"It's because I want to be friends with you, Nozomi-chan."

It was that simple. It was that honest.

But...becoming her friend was something that spiraled out of control.

My hands tightened into fists as I shifted my gaze toward the ground.

I soon felt a hand against my clenched one. 'Yukimura-san.'