Chapter 5

Fucking Luca messing with my shipment last night, so either the snitch is not only telling the FBI things about my business but Luca too or Luca has someone on the inside and that person tells him what the snitch tells the FBI. My men are dead and the girls are gone, but if Luca gets the container open all he's going to is it empty. The container has a fake backing inside that the girls are hidden in but I don't know how long that'll keep them safe. My family's mafia isn't like Luca's, other mafia families have called my family 'the mafia protection' for generations. Sure we do some illegal shit but we help other families if they deserve our help, my ancestors built this family from the ground up offering protection with the law or their shipments we try not to be involved in their wars. When they call and ask for us to protect their females we do from the females who work for them and can't defend themselves to their females family members.

Now Luca's mafia they run everything from drugs, guns, women. Luca's family has been known to start wars directly or indirectly, spreading rumors about some families being snitches just to move up the underworld ladder. His great-grandfather made a bad move years ago when he indirectly tried to become the leader of two mafia families, but his plan backfired. Now no families wants any association with Luca's, on the underworld ladder the Baccari's are at the very bottom while my family is second on the ladder. The rivalry really started between our families because the Mortellaro's helped the mafia that Luca's great-grandfather tried to take over, but everything between us had seem to be forgotten until Luca's father crashed my father's wedding day.

Luca has made things extremely personal but when the time comes he won't be anywhere near the battle. I don't see how his men could stay loyal to the family when Luca causes a war, my men speculate that Luca is paying his men is stay with the family. And I can honestly say that I believe a little of that to be true, because the Baccari's have caused many wars but you never see them fighting only their men. Their men take the brunt of the heat and people they consider friends or family dying, while their bosses sit in a cozy safe room sipping champagne and talking about recruiting more people to replace the ones they lost. The Baccari don't care about their people, they think they are expendable but as long their heirs aren't hurt they couldn't give a shit about people.

Running my hands through my hair thinking about how to retaliate with Luca, I need to do something that is really unexpected. Thanks to the snitch Luca may know what all my plans are, Aria is good making unexpected plans but she needs her rest she's been through enough thanks to Luca. Maybe the club could help, just as I'm about to get up my tech guy comes running in with a look of disbelief on his face. "Boss you're gonna wanna hear this. I was checking the bugs I had my guys place in Angel Pratt's boss' office," yes my tech guy has his own division. "It was a good idea to bug the boss' office because if we didn't then we wouldn't know what was said." He hands me a cd, I place it in the CD-ROM and listen to what was said. I couldn't believe my fucking ears, she told her boss the most important thing I wanted kept a secret.

"Boss we didn't want anyone to know, especially the FBI, about Ariabelle's pregnancy did we?"

"No way in hell was anyone but a few people in the mafia family was supposed to about Aria being pregnant. I want guards on my sister's place, on her. Call Mathis and tell him what's happened, everyone needs to be on guard. And get me Angel Pratt now!" I bellowed out.

My tech guy went running as did the men out in the hall, everyone knew that when I said now they went running specifically when it concerns Aria and her being in danger. That bitch has put my sister in danger not only my sister but her hold as well. When the club finds out about this they'll want her head, so I've got to be the one who calms everyone down and make sure Angel doesn't lose her head. This is the second time I'm saving the bitch's life, and it's getting to be hard work. It seems like I now need to be paid just to keep her alive with the way she puts her foot into things that don't concern her.