Chapter 38

Sam's POV:

Rain. That is what I am describing my brain at the moment. All of these thoughts and things that Are happening are raining down on my head. I try to use an umbrella to stop it from rain down on me but it's not enough. The rain is coming down too hard and I can't block it out.(sorry I know this is bad).

I watched as the rain lightly falls down on the tarmac at the airport. I sat in my seat waiting for my plane to start the boarding process.  Cameron is off somewhere buying me a drink from Starbucks. I don't know why he is but I guess he's trying to be nice and stuff after what happened last night. "Hey have they called my flight yet?" He said walking over to me with my drink. "Nope. Not yet." I said sipping my drink. "Hey about last night are-" he started. "I'm okay I swear! Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you were there when it happened." I said smiling at him. He smiled back and sat down next to me.

"Flight 432 to Los Angeles now boarding" the intercom said. "Well. That's my flight. You gonna be alright?" He said to me. "Yeah I'll be fine." I said to him. I gave him a hug goodbye and he went off into the walkway to his flight. I went on my phone and texted Shawn to see if he would answer. To my dismay I got no response. Why should I even bother texting him. He left me all alone...

After an hour or so my flight was called and I walked over to the desk for them to scan my ticket. "Enjoy your flight." The lady said to me. I nodded and walked into the walkway. I sat at my seat and tried to get some rest.

Shawn's POV:

I got up early this morning to drive off to my 'quiet place'. It's where I go to write my songs and it helps clear my head. It's a hill in the middle of the forest that overlooks the lake. The coldness in the air bites at my nose while I lay on the grass and look up at the sky. This is also the place where me and sam hang out when we were little. We would lay or sit here and talk about what we wanted to do with our lives and what are biggest dreams were. It was a beautiful place to be at this time in the year. Tears started to form in my eyes as the memories flooded through my mind. "Why am I such a screw up? Why do I always ruin the good things in my life." I rubbed my eyes as I heard footsteps walking closer to me. I got up and saw someone I thought I would never see. "Did you miss me?"

Sam's POV:

My flight lands without any delays or complications. I get off and order an uber. I'm gonna go see Shawn and see him. I know he left me and all but he's going through a really bad patch as of right now after what happened in Colorado. He needs someone there to help him. I shouldn't be the one to help him after all the crap he's put me through already but he's still my best friend and he's also still my boyfriend...in some way I guess.

My uber drops me off at my house and I put my stuff inside. "I'm back guys!" I yelled aloud. All was quiet in the dolan household. Weird... it's usually never like this. Whenever I leave and come back their always trying to kill each other or something. I put my bags in my room and leave to try and talk to Shawn.

"Sam! It's good to see you!" Shawn's Mom said to me while hugging me. "It's good to see you too Karen. Is Shawn around?" I said to her. "He's been acting weird since he got back. What happened over there? He won't tell me anything." Karen said to me. "I'll go find him and then we can talk about this another time okay?" I said to her. She nodded her head and closed the door as I started to walk away from the house. I know where he is.

My legs take me to the lake. It's where me and Shawn used to go when we were little. It was 'our little secret' hideout. I see his car parked by the walkway and I walk up the same little path that takes me to the hill. I stop when I hear the sound of giggling.

Shawn's POV

"How did you find me Lauren." I asked her. "Oh please it was so easy. You didn't think I wasn't gonna remember your car? You know... the one where we..." Lauren said but I stopped her from talking. "Shut it Lauren." I said to her. "Now what are you doing all the way out here? I thought you left the country or something. Where's your girlfriend?" She asked me. "She's somewhere that doesn't concern you." I said to her. "Omg you can't even be honest with me about her. I know she's still in Colorado with Cameron." She laughed. "How the fu- how do you know that?" I asked her. "I must not reveal my sources. So does this mean your available again?" She asked me. "What? No Lauren go away." I said to her. "C'mon shawn don't you miss me?" She said to me as jumped on me. "Uhh no I don't I have a girlfrie-" I diss but she stopped me by kissing me.

Sam's POV:

OH HELL NO! He may have left me but ain't nobody gonna have some of my man! I ran over to that bitch and grabbed her by the hair. "He's taken so fuck off." I yelled pushing her away from him. "WHAT THE FUCK?! Your such a ducking bitch!" She yelled trying to fight me. "Gurl imma about 3 seconds away from knocking you the fuck out." I said ready to hit her. "OKAY! EVERYONE CALM DOWN! Get out of here Lauren because she ain't playing around." Shawn said by getting in between us. "This isn't over!" Lauren yelled while walking off.

Shawn's POV:

"How did you find me?" I asked her. "This is where we used to hang out when we were little." She said to me. We both sat down and an awkward silence came over us. "I was an asshole for leaving you. I couldn't stand being there while everyone was looking at me like that." I said looking down in shame. "It's okay. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes." She said while putting a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and we both laid down on the grass. "What you did earlier was pretty badass." I said. She laughed and smiled as I said that. "Yeah well it looked like she was gonna rape you so...." She said laughing uneasily. "Everything okay?" I ask her. "Yeah...I'm fine...just cold is all." She said. "Here. Let me take you home." I said walking her to my car.

Very sorry guys I've been hella busy with school 😭