Chapter 3

The darkness shrouded me like an assassin. I felt small and weak again. I suddenly wished to be back in the wardrobe.

I had to keep convincing myself to move on. I hadn't thought it would be so hard. However, I eventually left the hall the connected the room I had just been in with the main halls, where the ceiling has caved.

Earlier, I hadn't taken in my surroundings because my skittish-self couldn't help but run off in freight. My shoes clapped against the stone floor as I made my way over to the fountain. I crouched down, and tried to read the carvings on it. It said "Blood is a gift, and I require gifts." I pursed my lips. A conveniently-placed knife sat on the edge of the fountain. I picked it up and hesitated, but began to cut the center of my palm. A drop of my blood fell into the water. The water began to drain, and eventually the fountain dried. A ladder led down to who-knows-where in the center of it's bottom. Before proceeding, I ripped off the right strap of my vest and wrapped it around the hand I had cut. I knew I had to climb the ladder down, but I hesitated. I frowned at myself for being so panicky. Wiped sweat from my forehead, and tried desperately to keep myself from breaking down and crying again. I stepped over the ledge of the fountain, and grabbed hold of the ladder. It creaked with age, and I hesitated again. However, I started to make my way down, despite being absolutely terrified of what lied below.

Sorry for the short chapter! I promise to start working on the next chapter tomorrow (: I hope you enjoyed!