~Chapter 1~

Runningkit awoke in the elder's den sitting next a older she-cat, her pelt black with few scars around her muzzle.

"Your finally up..." Meowed the female, then the kit realized it was Yellowfang. Another medicine cat from Thunderclan, he gave her a nod. And the medicine cat have back a respectful nod. "You had a hard training lesson but, Bluestar said that you did perfect. So our leader is sending you right away." Purred the black hue she-cat with a Mrrow! Of laughter.

What!

Leader was already sending Runningkit to the land of water and grass. To the land of clans. He wasn't ready, he failed his first training Lessing with Bluestar. She nearly drowned him, now she wanted to get rid of the kit. Great...

Silently waiting for the treatment to be done, the kit heard the yowl of the leader.

Standing up, Runningkit ran outside the elder's den he watched as more cats surrounded leader. He stepped forward as the leader nodded his head for him to sit next to him. So he listened, crawling up the highly slanted rock.

The leader nodded and they touched noses, his black pelt standing out beside the white hue leader. Leader silenced the clan with a gentle stare. Raising his head he yowled to the stars " Tonight, Runningkit with sit in silence. To when he sleeps he will be sent to the world of Grass and soil!"

The cats yowled their presence to the sky of stars, but slowly Runningkit backed away running. He ran out of camp, traveling as far as he could.

But, eventually having to stop and rest near a clear water-pond. He watched his reflection shimmer in and out of sight. Was he really just a reflection. Yes, he could see everything. But yet it felt as if nothing could see the young kit. Slowly closing his bright blue eyes, Runningkit fell asleep...

The sound of groaning echoed around the forest, a she-cat was kitting.

"Flarewind, you'll be ok... Just breathe.. Mothgrass! Come here!" The young male warrior wandered into the clan nursery. He had a grim look on his face as one kit lay dead next to his mate. He shook his head and sat next to his mate.

Giving her a quick lick of the ear, he watched another kit slid out of the she-cat. Then, another.

"She's done..." The medicine breathed, dark lines under her eyes showed the cat had been up for hours.

"I'll watch over her, Treefall..." The male Meowed, looking down at the kits. One black and white the other Brindle.

"What shall we name them?" He asked excitedly.

"I thought that the brindle one could be Riverkit, the black and white one..." Flarewind fell asleep, the kits suckling. As the unnamed kit kicked trying to get closer to the food source. A name popped right into Mothgrass's head.

Runningkit