Chapter 3

RunningKit slept until a large wail was heard over the crowd cats cheering for the Leader as she walked into camp, RunningKit leapt to his feet and ran outside the nursery den. FlareWind was held by the scruff as two large cats pulled her away from a lifeless brindle body on the ground.

"RiverKit?" The kit whispered as he ran to his sister, her neck turned in a awkward way and blood seeping through her mouth. The kit lowered his head and backed away from her, he growled and began to walk towards the camp entrance.

"RunningKit.... If you leave us now in a time of misery, I will have to abandon you from the clan." RunningKit stopped in his tracks staring back at the large deputy, a dead look of green eyes and MoonWhisker bowed to the kit.

"My name will no longer be RunningKit of CurrentClan, it will be Skull of The Long Grasses." The Kit looked back at his original clan and shook his head, he unsheathed his claws and took off into forest.

The sound of screaming animals scared Skull from sleeping, he growled and heard large creatures almost roaring down the black river next to the trees. Eventually getting sick of the noise Skull stood up and began walking towards the blackened river. A shadowy figure stood at the other side of the river, his first chance.

Skull sprinted across, leaping towards the figure his claws unsheathed. The young cat locked his claws on the warm neck of a red spotted feline, he growled and pinned the other cat. Narrowing his eyes Skull began squeezing the life out of the other cat, "wait..." The other cat wheezed in horror, the color slowly began draining from his eyes and Skull smiled. Until, he felt a claw drag across his throat. Skull fell to the ground letting go of the other feline as he began coughing up blood and his eyes began to lose focus. He spat at the other cat and fell to the ground unconscious, blood dripping from his mouth. Slowly the heart of the young kit began to slow to 6 beats a second, he closed his eyes and awaited to see his sister. RiverKit.

The sound of water falling awoke the kit as he growled and swatted at a whisker poking his highly tendered cheek. He opened his eyes and saw a orange-brindled cat with clouded blue eyes. "Who are you?" Skull groaned as he tossed himself to the other side of the feather filled nest. Wait, nest? The young cat jumped to his feet and began cursing words that weren't supposed to be leaked from a kit's mouth.

"Enough clan cat!" The cat in front of him growled and narrowed her eyes, but her eyes weren't on him. One was looking up at the rocky top, and the other was staring at Skull's foot.

"Uhh.. Are you staring at me or that cat?" Skull growled as the cat closed her eyes and kept her face facing his. The brindled cat groaned and cuffed Skull's ear.

"You," she groaned. "I am Tyrone." She smiled and lowered her body to the ground in a bow, Skull bowed back and smiled at the blinded cat. "I am a rare blind Medicine Cat of the Tribe of Sharpened Suns." The cat smiled proudly ands at down on her haunches as Skull began to explain himself to the actually Pretty cat.

"I come from CurrentClan with the name of RunningKit, but I changed my name in respect of my sister who was killed a few moons ago. My name is Skull of The Long Grasses."