Chapter 2

Runningkit ran through the dirt covered path, used by many cats that he didn't know before him. He growled as he stepped on a large twig being mouse brained. He dodged large low hanging branches from the clan trees. Silently he leapt over a burned log from a recent small fire lit by the neighboring clan. He heard the munching of a mouse and got low. His ears pinned to the back of his head, he leaped and caught the mouse. Quickly he snapped the small tendered neck.

He yowled, in protest as one of the senior warriors dragged him into camp. And plopped him on the ground, "What was that for!" Snapped the young kit.

"You left the clan unsupervised, and left the border." The warrior said calmly, must having patience with the kit.

Runningkit remembered he was no longer just talking to a regular senior warrior. He was talking to the deputy because the old deputy, Moonwhisker, had died. In a battle between the two rival clans.

Runningkit spat, and darted off towards the apprentice den. Then realizing the apprentices had yelled at him before for bothering them. He growl, and slowly but Shirley to the Elders den. He wandered in the den, under a old weeping willow tree, the den had a sense of peace. Most of the cats were sleeping but, two were awake.

"Hello, Rainmoss, hello Silverleaf..." The young kit Meowed he watched as the two elders stood up. He purred showing the vibrations to the deaf Silverleaf. Silverleaf rumbled back, he nodded and look over at Rainmoss.

"So you want another story, young one?" The kit quickly nodded his head quickly up and down.

"Ok, where do we start, Silverleaf?" The female rumbled in her chest, to answer her question.

"Ah, I have one..."

"Let's set the scene of the element clans, generations before us. There lived a kit, Tigerkit his family

Loved him. But, the years he got older. Soon he became deputy of Thunderclan deputy. Then, a young warrior Fireheart, stepped against the Deputy. Saying that 'He was plotting against Bluestar'."

What... Bluestar, Runningkit tries to remember the name...

"Soon, the warrior left the clan. Leaving two kits. Bramblekit and Tawnykit. He was exiled from Thunderclan, he left. But, when Shadowclan became weak he took his chance and became. Tigerstar..."

"Tigerstar, met with a outraged rouge his neck surrounded by the teeth and claws of his enemies. Soon, the clans came to war against Tigerstar. When Firestar stepped forward, and told the rogue about Tigerstar. The rouge brought his claws down the Leader and killed him taking all of his nine lives."

Now the kit knew that the elder was finished, he gave them a nod. Also finishing with a low chest rumble, slowly he backed out of the den.

Flarewind stood above the young kit. "And where did you go young one?"

"I went out hunting."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, Really!"

Quickly FlareWind grabbed Runningkit and walked through the camp to the nesting hollow.

"Mother stop!" The young kit growled at the female who plopped him down next to his sister.

"Where did you go, Runningkit?" Riverkit spat at her brother being a little bigger she leapt and pinned him. "Tonight is the night we become, apprentices and you were wondering through the woods. Mousebrain." Runningkit growled and unsheathed his claws trying to get ahold of his sister's face. Kicking his foot up into her soft underbelly he flipped her over and held her down. His claws against her soft neck.

"That's enough Runningkit..." Flarewind picked up Runningkit sitting him behind her flame colored tail. Her black spots almost twinkling on her nose.