Chapter 2

After we got our drinks, we went and sat down at one of the small tables and talked.

"So tell me about yourself, Haven Carr", he said smiling

"Well I'm 17, I'm in high School, I've been living in New York since I was four and yes my hair is naturally blonde", I said smiling

"Who knew", he said chuckling and then I start laughing even more

"You have agorgeous smile" he said smiling at me

"Thank you, but it's all genetics", I laugh mocking his earlier statement.

"It always is" he laughs

"So tell me about yourself", I say

"Wellll, I'm 17, I snowboard, I have two brothers and I'd choose pizza over doughnuts any day of the week", he said smiling

Then I start laughing and soon he joins in. His laugh is beautfiul. Like him. And then I look down at his laugh and notice there is something on his lip. A lip ring.

"When did-did you get that?" I stuttered while looking at his lip ring

"Oh a few months ago and to be honest it didn't really hurt that much", he said smiling as if he were proud of it.

"It's really cool", I said still staring at it

"Thanks love" he said and took a sip of his drink. While he's drinking I look down at my phone to see the time. 4:59 p.m.

"It's almost 5:00, geez", I whispered

"Oh, do you have to go now?" he asked

"Yeah, sorry", I said . Of course I wanted to stay. Like I really, really wanted to stay. But I promised my mom I'd be home around six and New York City transportation isn't always the loveliest to depend on.

Suddenly he got up out of his seat and started walking towards the door. I hope he wasn't mad that I had to leave. I would stay all night if Starbucks would let us sleep here.

Then he came back with a napkin in his hand and ripped it in half. He took out a pen from his pocket and wrote down his number and slided it over to me across the table. Then he smiled and gestured towards the blank side of the napkin. I guess he wanted me to write down my number too, so I did. Then I did mocked him by sliding it to him across the table.

"It was really nice meeting you, beautiful", he said

"Thank you, it was a pleasure meeting you also", I said in a failed attempt at an Australian accent

We both laughed and then he stuck the napkin in his pocket, waved and walked out of the shop. I looked down at my phone and saw that Luna was calling me.

"Hello", I answered

"Yeah, you know I never left right", she said laughing

"What!" , I shrieked and turned around to find her sitting in the corner with a huge newspaper on the table

"I can't believe you've been spying on me the whole time" , I said smiling and flicking her with my fingers

"Hey, at least you don't have to go home by yourself now", she said jokingly.

Then we walked to the train station and I blabbed about my little "date" with Luke. It was absolutely incredible.

After I got home, I changed into my pajamas and plopped down on the bed. I grabbed my laptop and listened to his band's music like I said I would. It was pretty cool to me. Then I layed and closed my eyes and drifited into a sleep.

I wake up to the sound my phone ringing from an unknown number. I look at the time and see that its almost 9:30 in the morning. It felt like I had been sleeping for only a few hours.

"Hello", I say with my groggy, morning voice, with my eyes still closed.

"Good Morning Lovely", I hear on the other line and my eyes shoot open. It's him

"Oh, Good Morning Luke", I say

"I'm sorry if I had woke you with my call. Maybe I shouldn't have called so early", he said

"Its fine, It's fine, I needed to get up anyways to make breakfast, I lie, while sill in my bed.

"Oh I listened to your band's music last night, It was really, really cool" I said cheerfully

"Well I'm really glad you liked it", he said

"So I was thinking.. would we ever be able to meet up again?" He asks, almost nervously.

Is he asking me out? Oh yeah, you go Haven. She shoots. She scores.