Chapter 1

It was dark, creepy, mysterious. The sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet was giving away my position. The forest was abandoned, isolated. There was an ominous feeling that I just couldn't shake off. The fog was thick and the silhouettes of the trees were staring at me. Then I saw him. He was standing about 15 meters away from me. I saw him I'm sure I did.

Before I could go after him a beam of car headlights shone from behind me. I turned to see my sister, Kyla. Getting out of the car. "Cmon you little nerd let's take you home. Mum and dad are worried sick. If it was up to me I would just leave you here to get eaten by wolves but mums paying me a tenner so why not eh?" She laughed as she got back into her car. I looked back to the direction of the strange man and he was gone. I was reluctant to get in the car at first but I shuffled my feet my mind just wandering thinking about the strange man. The silhouette through the trees...

It felt like it took forever and a day to get home. The bumpy back roads were jogging my arm which I was leaning on making me punch myself in the face. "Put a smile on your face looser." Kyla chuckled as she purposefully jolted the car. Kyla is 16 and I am 13. Her jolted the car scared me lots because she is driving and she doesn't even have a license. I mean, if my mum and dad where that she worried about me they would come and get me myself wouldn't they. They have always loved Kyla more than me. She had the singing voice of an angel, she has A and A* in all of her lessons she is a 'golden' child. And I was just a mistake. A drunken thumble and I was concieved. Oh how it feels to be loved eh?

We finally made it home. Mum and dad were at the door they both hugged Kyla then they shouted at me. "Kyra it's fucking 11 o clock at night and your dancing in the middle of a fucking forest?!" I just groaned pushed past her and went up to my room. I drew a picture of the forest and the strange man. It was late so I used my dark colouring pencils and I also drew the silhouette of the strange man. I couldn't tell his features because she was so far away and I don't even know what way he went because Kyla distracted me the daft cow. I was super tired now too. It was 12:42 and I went to shut my curtains and go to sleep and I see a silhouette of a man staring st my house next to a lamppost I ran to get my camera and take a picture but by the time I got back. He was gone...