Chapter 3

After about 2 weeks, Harry had almost recovered enough to be put on the adoption site. Dr Nialler, the agency's doctor had diagnosed Harry with a small case of frostbite on his chest where the note had been, but other than that he was perfectly healthy.

After another 2 weeks, he had fully recovered. As Leah finished prepping a bottle, she heard her computer make the You've Got Mail noise. She handed Harry his bottle and walked over to her laptop, going into her inbox and opening the new email.

It read: Hi, my name is Karen Tomlinson and I have a husband named Jimmy Tomlinson. I am 27 years old and Jimmy is 29. We have 2 kids named Liam and Louis, Louis is 13 and Liam is 9. We really want to have 3 kids, but after Liam I stopped having the ability to have kids. We were looking at your website and saw Harry, and we are interested in a possible adoption. We were wondering if we could come in sometime on Thursday to come take a look, sometime in the afternoon as we both work and Liam and Louis go to daycare. Here is mine and Jimmy's cell numbers and emails  if any contact is needed. Hope to see you Thursday, thanks for your time.

Karen's email: ketomlinson  (the gmail part) 

Jimmy's email: jntomlinson   (the gmail part)

Karen  Cell #: 641-427-9456

Jimmy Cell #: 641-427-9458

Leah smiled and jumped up, running into Mrs Thomas's office grinning from ear to ear. "Leah, what is it"?, Mrs Thomas asked. "I just got an email asking about possibly adopting Harry"!, she exclaimed joyously. Mrs Thomas instantly grinned as Leah jumped up and down.

"Let's see it before we get all excited, shall we"?, Mrs Thomas asked.  Leah quickly remembered Harry and ran to check on him. He had finished his bottle and was sound asleep. Leah smiled and gently set him in his crib before grabbing her laptop and hurrying back to Mrs Thomas's office.

Leah tried to be patient as she watched Mrs Thomas read the email. "I think it's real", she said finally. "Let's respond and see if we get a reply", she said. After a few minutes, Mrs Thomas and Leah had written an email back to Karen:

Hello Mrs Tomlinson, this is Mrs Thomas and Leah Horanye, owner of Thomas Adoption Agency and the person who found Harry. We are very happy that you are interested in Harry, he was abandoned and found by Leah in a box behind Nando's only 4 weeks ago. He had a small case of frostbite on his stomach where someone had taped a sticky note with his name on it, despite being wrapped in a jumper. 6:30 p.m on Thursday would be perfect, if this time does not work please contact us. We look forward to meeting you, we hope Harry is the right match.

"Now all we have to do is wait", Mrs Thomas said as Leah pressed SEND.

Meanwhile, at Karen and Jimmy's house, Karen was nervously chewing her nails as Liam and Louis played Mario Kart Wii, oblivious to the conversation.  "It's okay honey, they'll respond when they can", Jimmy said and wrapped his arm around his wife.

"I know, but I can't help it", Karen said and leaned into her husband. Secretly, Jimmy was nervous too. When he found out Karen couldn't have kids after Liam despite their efforts, he felt crushed, he knew Karen had wanted 3 kids.

Now, they might be able to have that chance again as Karen's computer dinged, and Karen tried to push down the rising hope as she read the email. "Jimmy, they said yes!", Karen exclaimed and grinned from ear to ear. "Oh that's great honey"!,  Jimmy said and picked Karen up, twirling her around and kissing her.

They said 6:30, is that a good time?, Karen asked when Jimmy put her down. "More than enough time", Jimmy said and looked down when Liam tugged on his shirt. "Daddy, I wanna turn", he said and pointed at Karen.

Jimmy looked confused for a second, but when Liam spun around in a similar way Jimmy smiled in realization. "Superman to the rescue"!, Jimmy exclaimed as he scooped Liam up and held him over his head, Liam squealing in delight.

Karen laughed. She always loved it whenever Jimmy got like this. Usually he was stressed when he came home from work, and seeing him happy was her favorite thing in the world. 

Sorry for a slow update, also sorry this chapter is so short. The next one will be a lot longer, but sometimes there might be some short ones if something big is about to happen. Hope you all are enjoying the story so far, update again when I can :)