Chapter 6

As Karen took her shoes off, Harry stirred in her arms and opened his big green eyes. He looked up at her, and surprisingly he doesn't start crying, he just stared into Karen's golden eyes. "Jimmy, he's awake", Karen whispered, not wanting to break the spell.

Jimmy came over and looked down at Harry, his heart melting at his son. "Look at those eyes of his", Jimmy said in awe as Harry started to suck his thumb, making baby noises as Karen touched the little hair that had started to grow on Harry's head. "Aww", Karen cooed as Harry looked at their dog Nick and pointed at him, making an adorable sound. "I'm so glad we adopted him, aren't you"?, Karen asked as she walked over to the couch, not wanting to put Harry to bed just yet.

"Yes, but nothing compares to the day you said yes to marrying me", Jimmy said and sat down next to his wife, putting an arm lovingly around her. They shared a kiss, and they would have continued if Harry hadn't started to cry. "Later", Jimmy mouthed to Karen as she rocked Harry in her arms. Karen nodded and went back to Harry, checking his diaper to see that he was wet. "He needs a change, but I guess its time to put him in bed for the night anyways", Karen said as she got up.

Jimmy nodded, he had seen Karen changing Louis and Liam many times, and seen how Harry was a boy it would be nothing new. Karen carried Harry upstairs, rocking him in her arms to try and quiet his crying. "Shh, shh it's okay Harry. I'm gonna get you changed, shh it's okay", Karen soothed as she set him on the changing table.

Karen wasn't expecting to have to change him so soon, but luckily they had put some diapers under the changing table so she didn't have to leave Harry alone. Karen pulled the baby wipes out as well and quickly but gently took Harry's diaper off, careful to keep his private area covered just in case the little guy hadn't fully emptied his bladder. Once Harry's diaper was changed, Karen reluctantly put Harry in his crib. He started to suck his thumb again as he looked up at her, making baby noises again as she smiled fondly at her new son.

She really didn't want Harry sleeping in his clothes, but seen how they didn't have anything else he really didn't have a choice. "Shopping tomorrow buddy", Karen said softly as Harry's eyes started to close. "I love you Harry", Karen whispered as she turned the light off, making sure the night light was on and softly closed the door. She went to Liam's room first, seen how his room was closer and he was the easy one. When Karen pushed Liam's door open, she saw him sitting under a blanket fort playing on his DS. He was luckily already in his pajamas, that made things easier. As soon as Liam heard Karen, he quickly yanked the blankets down and shoved his electronic under his pillow.

Karen sighed and shook her head as she walked over to her younger son's bed as he pretended to be asleep, if she hadn't known better she probably would have thought he really was asleep. "I know you're awake Liam", Karen said and smiled as Liam opened his eyes. "Can't I have 5 more minutes mama"? Liam whined.

"If it wasn't a school night I would say yes honey. But you need your sleep, especially if you're gonna pass that math test tomorrow", Karen said and gave him a kiss. "I hate math", Liam pouted. "I know how hard you studied, if you do your best you'll do fine", Karen said. "No electronics after lights out", Karen warned as she took the DS out from under Liam's pillow.

"I know mama", Liam said and rolled his eyes before putting the blanket over his eyes. "Love you buddy", Karen said before turning the lights off and closing Liam's door. As she walked down to Louis's room, she could see that his light was out and he was buried under his blankets, already asleep. Karen tiptoed into the room and pulled the blanket down slightly, kissing Louis's head before quietly shutting the door again.

All of the kid's rooms were on the second floor while Karen and Jimmy's bedroom was downstairs near the kitchen. The Tomlinson's house had three floors total, but they usually only used the attic for junk and storage. The first floor had a living room, a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a small room with the washer and dryer, and a few closets, the second floor had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and some more closets, and the backyard had a swing set and a trampoline.

The living room had a decent sized TV with an Xbox and a Wii, and they had a nice kitchen. Karen's mother had given them the table and chairs as a wedding present, and Jimmy's job had given them part of their silverware. The washer and dryer was also down there, seen how that was the only place they had for them. It was sometimes a hassle trying to lug the laundry up and down the stairs, but luckily they usually kept up on it so the loads weren't humongous, 

Karen padded down the stairs and into the bedroom, Nick following at her heels. She turned all the lights off and grabbed a quick snack in the kitchen, Louis and Liam had taken care of that upstairs. While Jimmy used the toilet, Karen quickly changed into her pajamas and climbed into her shared bed, snuggling down into the blankets and closing her eyes. Nick snuggled up against her and thumped his tail as Karen petted him and smiled.

Jimmy soon came back, and he smiled when he saw his wife already in bed. He took off his pants and socks, leaving his shirt on but not bothering to put on any pajama pants. He climbed into bed next to Karen and put his arms around her, pulling her against him and stroking her hair. "Love you honey", Jimmy said quietly. "Love you Jimmy", Karen said as they both drifted to sleep.

So sorry about the slow update, hope it's not too crappy. I tried to get some updates done over Christmas break that I'll publish when I get a chance to, the next update will be requests. I've just published an update for the pet series, so that would be two updates in a day, yay! Please vote and comment and hope you enjoyed it! :)