Baiser Ma Vie

Present Day (2 Years Later)... 

You're kidding me right? 

Sunshine in London. 

How pathetic. 

The warm rush of air blew onto my face, causing my freshly styled hair to fly all over the place. Fuck. Shutting the door behind me, I gather myself together, take a breath of air and begin to run. 

My legs move fast, dodging people, cars and suburban animals. Breathe in, breathe out. Continue running. Bland thoughts consume my mind as I make my way to Regents Park. 

You know when you can feel your blood pumping at a vigorous rate? I can feel that all over my body. My heart is beating at a million miles an hour and it feels fantastic. Physical activity was my stress relief. When you have no friends, a shitty part time job as a entertainer at a pub and relatives who've disowned you; you kind of need it.

I always kept myself distant from other people. Socializing had never been something I was good at. Since I got my scholarship, I was dead to people. I was the girl no one wanted to talk to, because I was an average human being. I wasn't rich, didn't drive a nice car or have expensive jewellery. Loser, loner, freak, unloved. That's who I was. Except in the arts, that's where I shone the most. However no one cared.

My parents sent me to Harrodian to get me off their backs. Once they knew I got the scholarship, they left me for good. Didn't say a word. They vanished into thin air. Haven't heard from them since. 

Now I run. To escape everything, to get my problems off my chest. I don't need a family, a friend, anyone. I'm fine all by myself. Even if I wanted someone, no one would want to be that person. UGH. 

Regents was always the same. Peaceful and quiet. Wide footpaths snake their way throughout the gardens, allowing enough room on either side. Tree's cover me overhead, whilst the leaves fall down slowly, as if they were winter snowflakes. 

Autumn in England was lovely, but Winter was always my favourite season. I hate the sun. I hate my life. I hate human contact. I hate everything. I hate him especially, mainly cause I can never have him. Never. He never wanted me and he never will. Why does my life still have to be so mentally complex? 

Although my legs begin to feel like jelly, I keep moving on. My pace growing at a dramatic rate. Deep breaths. Inhaling and exhaling the air around me quickens. All I keep thinking about is how shit my life is. I can't take this anymore... 

I stop.

Sweat drips softly down my forehead and lower back.

I feel my heart beginning to beat slower.

Beat.

By beat.

By beat. 

I can't move. All my leg muscles harden and begin to ache. Ouch. 

I pull out my phone to check the time, 9:32am. Sweet. Coffee to drown my thoughts. Nothing sounds better.

...

Trudging my way to Starbucks, I finally am revived by the delicious aroma of coffee beans and baked sugary goods. 

I walk up to the counter and place my order. 'Hey, just a regular mocha thanks.'  I hand over the 3 pounds and awkwardly wait for my order. 

The barbaric sound of the clanging door, begins to irritate my ears. I just want my coffee. Hurry up, bloody trainees. I fucking hate this. I keep thinking impatient thoughts while trying to look insanely calm. That's some difficult shit, however it's a life necessity. 

Five minutes later...

'Verity, your coffee is ready.'

'Cheers.' I grab my mocha and rush out the door with hesitation.

However, soon to be stopped midway through the door by a noticable figure.

I was in the presence of Jack Harries.

And there was nothing I could do in my power to avoid it.