Chapter Ten

Chapter ten

Dan

"Hi."

I looked up. It was Erica.

I smiled.

Sitting down on the piano stool, she grabbed a leaflet out of her bag and handed it to me.

I shuffled up, trying to make it look like I wasn't trying to get away from her. I didn't like it when people came too close.

She pointed to the leaflet, an eyebrow raised.

******

Erica

I knew he wouldn't like it, buuuuuuut...

"Erica."

"Hm?"

"You know I'm not um gonna do this."

"I guess, but still, it's during half term, Saturday."

He shook his head.

"Think about it," I sung as I left the music room.

*********

"Hey mum!"

She eyed me suspiciously.

I dropped my bag down on the sofa.

"Can I borrow the laptop?"

"Sure." She dragged out her reply as she continued watching me.

I put my headphones on and hummed along as Dan sang. I had recorded him once. Obviously he didn't know though.

I had left the leaflet with Dan, but I had another one. Typing in the website address, I scanned the competition requirements.

All I needed to find out was when Dan was born.

I was playing Dan's song so loudly, I didn't notice my mum come up behind me. Jumping as she tapped me on the shoulder, I switched off my music and took off my headphones.

"Erica?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you entering a talent competition?"

"What? Oh right, I'm not entering, I'm entering my friend. He's too shy to enter himself."

She looked sceptical.

"Okay, as long as you're back before five, I'll let you go with him."

I was beaming.

"Thanks mum!"

**********

A/N

Chapter ten, yay! I feel like I've reached a mile stone. Anyway please vote comment read etc... If you enjoyed this chapter :)