Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen

Erica

I was sat at a table in the corner of the coffee shop. I hated coffee, I would never normally come here, but Dan had asked me to meet him here.

He was late.

What a surprise. I looked up as the bell on the door rattled.

"Finally!" I grinned.

He slid down opposite me. "Hi..."

Now we were back to our normal awkwardness.

"So, you wanted to talk?"

"I'm yeah," he scratched the back of his neck," I just um wanted to see how you um were..."

"Dan I'm sorry I dragged you into that competition".

He nodded.

"Sooooo, um no hard feelings?"

"Not really."

What did he mean not really?

*******

We were now sat with our coffee. I had told Dan I hadn't been here before, so he suggested a few things.

I can't remember what they were, to me it was all called coffee, or tea.

I was about to take a sip when Dan suggested we go to the park.

"I'll pay."

"Dan! I am quite capable of paying for my own coffee!"

Ignoring me he gave the lady at the till the money. I sighed and followed him to the park where we sat on a bench.

I took a sip out of the large plastic cup. It had one of those lids with the holes in so if I dropped it, it would be ok.

I almost spat it all over Dan. He didn't seem to notice. I could get him back for when he threw up on me, but I decided it was rude seeing as he had payed for it.

Dan faced me, and I was forced to swallow some of it and smile, the bitter taste sliding down my throat.

He finally looked away.

I spat the remaining coffee out into the hedge behind us, Dan turned to give me a puzzled look, so I started to cough.

"Are you alright?"

"Yep! I'm fine, of course why wouldn't I be?"

He narrowed his eyes then spun back as he began to hum.

Secretively I began to pour the contents of the coffee cup into the grass.

I looked up to see Dan a foot away from my face.

I grinned sheepishly.

"You don't like coffee do you?" His eyes! So blue, how had I not noticed? Erica stop!

"Um no..."

"It takes a bit of getting used to." He grinned.

***********

A/N

I've run out of things to say to you guys apart from thanking everyone again, but you're probably a bit fed up with that :/ Anyway...

Please vote, comment, etc... If you liked this chapter :)