Time Is Ticking

March 19, 8:14 am. 2 days until the annual purge.

   "Mommy, mommy!" Chrissy yells while jumping all over me. "Yea baby what's up?" I ask in my raspy morning voice. "I'm hungry!" She says. "Okay ill be down in a minute." I say as she nods. I walk into the bathroom and wash my face. I examine myself. "I dont need a shower I had one last night..." I say to myself. I walk to my closet picking out an outfit for the day.

I finish my makeup, foundation, mascara, and nude lipstick

I finish my makeup, foundation, mascara, and nude lipstick. I walk downstairs and see Chrissy fiddling with the dvds. "What do you want to eat babe?" I ask. "I want pancakes and bacon!" She says excitedly. I chuckle and begin to cook.
...
  I turn around with Chrissys plate to see her already sitting at the table. "Here you g-"
A knock on the door interrupted me. I give Chrissy her plate and she begins to eat.
I look through the peephole to check.

Matthew Espinosa. I went to school with him most of my years. Until I dropped out in 8th grade. I unlock the latches and open the door. "Hello Matthew." I say sweetly. He immediately turns around and smiles. "Hi Cheyenne, you remember me?" He asks.

"Yes I remember you. I went to school with you how wouldn't I?" I say earning a chuckle from him.  "Oh... You can come in." I say. He smiles and I open the door so that he can fit through. His eyes see Chrissy. "And who's this little beauty? She looks just like you, is it your sister?" He asks. I mentally face palm. "No Matt, its my daughter, shes seven, remember that?"
His eyes go wide. "Chrissy?! You got so big!" He says. Chrissy laughs. "I did! Mommy says I'm gonna grow up to be a beautiful princess, and she will be the queen." Chrissys says joyfully. Matthew smiles and turns to me. "Cheyenne can I talk to you?" Matthew asks. I nod and lead him to the living room. We sit down. He takes a big breath before speaking. "Someone's looking for you and Chrissy, when the purge comes they're going to try to take Chrissy." He says. Suddenly a lump forms in my throat and my eyes begin to fill with tears. "W-who's looking for my baby Matt?" I ask as my voice cracks. "The.. Um... The man that raped you.. He found out and wants HIS daughter back." he says while looking down. I stand up and grab a vase, smashing it on the wall. "Well hes not getting my baby." I say with a deep dangerous voice.
Matthews face changes from sad to understanding. "Well, if you want, I can stay with you guys until its all over." Matthew says. I nod. "Oh you're staying all right... Go to your house right now, get all of your needs and bring a backpack." I say quickly. He nods.

NO ONE is going to take my LIFE away from me. Or they can prepare to die.

Hey guys! So I'm sorry this is so short, and I've been noticing that this book has been getting more reads so... Plz share with your friends!!! Thanks!!! 😘💖💖
-Dani
Xx