It's Time

March 21st, 6:03 pm. 57 minutes until the Annual Purge...

   "Matthew! Come on hurry up we need to prepare!" I yell. I hear thumping on the stairs and suddenly there stands Matthew. 3 guns in his hand. "Okay, Matt. We have 57 minutes until it begins. No fooling around. You and me have to be near Chrissy at ALL times. Its Election Year Matt, this shits gonna be more intense than it ever has been." I say seriously. "I know Chey, and I get how this works. But we need to stay serious and calm through this all. Lets get ready." He says as I nod and start running around the house. Following my check list.

1.Lock all bullet proof Windows
Check
2. Close all blinds.
Duh, check.
3.Turn on radio and T.V so we dont miss the Announcement.
Hell yea, check.

I continue on with my checklist until all is done. All emergency locks are locked, including the latches knob locks and chain locks. I have even made an emergency exit just incase we are invaded. I grab Chrissy from her room and Matthew begins to pack mine, and his backpack with food and a blanket for Chrissy. "Okay come on guys. We cannot miss this announcement." I say. Matthew walks in with the bags and sits down on the couch with me and Chrissy.
6:59 pm.
Suddenly Chrissys show is interrupted with the announcement. A tear rolls down my check and I squeeze Chrissy tight as Matthew sits on the edge of the couch with wide eyes.
Watch the video now👆

The sirens blast outside. Chrissy begins to freak out. "No! Mommy! I don't wanna die." She says while crying. I hug her really tight and stroke her long brown hair.
"Baby you're not gonna die. Just listen to me at ALL times okay? And do not wander off ANYWHERE. Without me and Matt okay?" I say looking into her eyes. She pushes out her bottom lip and nods.
...
7:24 pm

Multiple screams fill the streets along with gunshots. Suddenly there is a large bang at the door. Chrissy nearly screams but I hold her mouth. I stare at Matt with fear. Bullets hit the steel door over and over the same spot. "SHIT! Boss, She has bullet proof windows and steel doors, there is no way we can get to them." I hear someone say. "Go under the house, shoot the floors until a whole is formed and ill punch through it." In assuming the boss says. "Shit Matt their gonna get through the floor!" I whisper yell. He grabs my hand. "M-mommy I'm scared!" Chrissy says while burying her face in my neck. "Me too babe, me too. Just hang in there we can do it! And afterwards we can be princesses okay?" I say and she smiles and nods. "Come on." Matt says putting on a backpack throwing me another one. I put it on and wrap Chrissy in a blanket picking her up. I remove part of the carpet and unlock a secret door. I hand Chrissy to Matt and go down. He hands me her and jumps down as Well. We begin walking when we hear a smash from above us. I hush Chrissy and we listen. "What the fuck Dael!? You said that they were here for a fact!" I hear. Then it all comes to me. Thats the guy who raped me. Hes here for Chrissy. "Well since we are all up here, LETS SEARCH!" I hear him yell. "Go go go!" I say to Matthew. We run outside and take off. Matthew and I both pull out a gun just incase.

We need to get far from here.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter 💖
-Dani
Xx