09.

Seulgi studied at Spark Academy for 4 years, but never had she received an anonymous message from a particular admirer of hers. The letters she received before had a name of the sender written on each of them, and that reason answers why it was such of a big deal for Seulgi to receive anonymous love letters from the very same person whose identity was still unknown.

Inside a classroom with buff-colored walls, a petite named Seulgi and a playful friend of hers, Wendy, debated about placing a particular thing down to a desk.

Sweat sliding down to her visage, she asked Wendy, "Wait, are you sure about this?" She stepped back, hesitantly putting the letter down to her desk.

She snickered, "Of course. Just calm down, Seul. For Pete's sake, it's just a letter." She replied while leaning her back against the wall, her index finger rounding a strand of her hair as she waited patiently.

Seulgi sighed deeply to release the anxiety forming inside her. Her face glistened with sweat although it was cold and only a bit of sunlight penetrated through the blinds. Due to the murky weather, the blazing sun was completely covered with clouds and the dim grey-colored sky brought a gloomy atmosphere.

"Let's do this then."

Gulping a lot of times, she finally placed the letter down to her desk. A series of what if's and I hope's started to engulf her as the thought of failure settled upon her dubious mind.

After accomplishing the plan which seemingly took forever, Wendy slid her arms round Seulgi's neck as they decided to depart from the classroom.
Later on, a tall figure entered the place and walked past the two chairs near Seulgi's as he gripped his own letter in his left hand. As soon as he noticed Seulgi's letter stamped with a golden label showing her name, he stopped and stared at it for approximately 3 seconds.

He contemplated if he should take it or not, given the fact that it was meant for no particular receiver.

"Hey, let's go." His hyung called him out, poking his head around the slightly opened door of the classroom.

He glanced at him, "A-Ah, I'm coming." He looked at Seulgi's letter one more time, took it, and set his own letter down to her desk tentatively. He was having second thoughts on bringing Seulgi's letter with him, but he ended up leaving it there instead.

Just as he was about to leave the room, a thought crossed his mind. What if the letter was really meant for him?

He halted, and pondered his next actions. Should he take the letter? Or do something the other way around?

They were already halfway through the corridor leading up to the exit of the academy. Decided, he looked at the senior beside him who happened to be his older brother, "Hyung, I have to go back. I need to get something."

"Okay, I'll wait for you here." His hyung replied and eventually sat down to a bench on the corner.

Running back towards the room, he hoped no one else had noticed the letter.

But then he realized one thing. How stupid was it to give letters by placing them down to Seulgi's desk? Thinking about it made him hate himself for being such a dimwit. Of course, his letters would be stolen or at worse, mistakenly thought they were pieces of garbage.

Lucky for him, Seulgi's classmates would always leave them unmoved. After all, they were disciplined not to touch other people's possessions, even when they barely knew some things didn't really belong to those people.

He heaved a deep sigh of relief as if a heavy burden was lifted off his chest. A wide smile crept across his lips when he noticed the letter unmoved; it was as if the letter was trying to say, 'Hey, you. I've been waiting for you here. Please take me now.'

He returned to his brother with the letter carefully kept in his backpack.
"Hyung!" He called out, catching up to his brother pacing away out of the academy as he noticed his beloved dongsaeng in the distance.

─◆°●◇─

As he finished reading Seulgi's letter, he knew it was really meant for him since Seulgi pointed out in the letter that he was the only secret admirer of hers who tried confessing to her through letters without letting her know who he really was. He burst into cackles of laughter due to Seulgi's obliviousness, although he found it cute and amusing.

He re-read it again and again, quite gleeful at the fact that Seulgi thought of sending him a letter back. However, this sudden jubilation eventually dissipated when his mind ultimately registered a phrase that said-

You might regret that sooner or later, someone has stolen my heart.
Don't be late.

Fear and pressure began to dawn on him as the pounding of his heart started to increase some more. He blinked his eyes twice or so, trying to calm his nerves down.

"I guess I should get out of my shell now and stop being your faceless admirer."

✎ ...................................

dedicated to one of my closest friends who keeps telling me not to stop writing. :)) ily so much!! ♡

anyway, how's the story so far?