Prologue

I do not own Goosebumps. All rights go to R.L. Stine. I only own Shelly Madison.

It was a dark and stormy night. All of the Horrors were closing up the park, Horrorland, while the rest of the monsters went to find shelters, so they could get out of the pouring rain.

"Close the gates," a Horror ordered.

Two other Horrors walked towards the gates and started closing them...

...and then, they heard a faint sound.

"Did you hear that noise?" one of the Horrors asked.

"What noise?" the other Horror questioned.

"It sounded like that it came from out here somewhere." The Horror pointed at the gap between the gates that led to the outside world.

"Did you not clean your ears before the king's coronation? The king specifically said that no monsters should step out of the park and into the human world. He also said that no humans are allowed in the park at closing time."

"Aw, come on. Let us just check out the noise, and then we will hurry back into the park. No one will know. Not even the king.

His friend sighed. "...fine."

The Horrors ran out of Horrorland and looked around.

"Are you sure that you heard something? 'Cause I do not see anything that is out of the ordinary."

"Yes. I heard it with my own ears."

"That you still have not cleaned out yet."

"Hey! I heard that!"

They continued looking around until they both suddenly heard crying. The Horrors looked at each other with confused looks on their faces.

"Are you crying?"

"No. I thought that was you."

"That was so not me."

"Then where is it coming from?"

His friend immediately saw something from the corner of his eye and pointed. "Over there!"

They hurried over to a basket that was covered by a small blanket, sitting on the tall, green grass. One of them noticed a piece of paper, and it was taped onto the blanket.

"Hey, look. A note," he stated as he picked up the note and started reading it out loud.

"Dear Mystery Person,

Please take care of my little one. I can no longer take care of her, and she deserves better than what I can give her. Protect her at all costs, for there are dangerous people out there that would want to hurt her. I am very sorry that I cannot keep her. I just want her to have the best life possible.

Sincerely,

Her Mother, Lauren.

P.S. My baby girl's name is Shelly. Shelly Madison."

The Horrors looked at each other again, their eyes widened.

"Baby?"

"Baby girl?"

The blanket suddenly moved, and they slowly removed the blanket from the basket and saw a cute baby lying down in the basket and crying softy.

"...oh, boy."