Breaking it Down

Summers POV

I was really expecting Wynter to tell me that I was pushing on the sex thing, but he wasn't really mad. In fact he said he wanted too but then again there's that big problem that is in our way

His dad.

I mean, I do want his fathers blessing for us and I already know we have everyone else's approval but Wynters dad doesn't even know that our relationsbip exist, he thinks I'm with Maeson. Not that that would be a bad thing but Im in love with Wynter and Maeson is my bro.

So here I am, 3:30 Am lying awake because Wynter has planned a family dinner tomorrow where we will confront his father about our lasting love. I can't text anymone because they probably knocked for the night and I sigh, slapping a hand over my eye and I flinched at the pain. "Owwie" I state and then my phone vibrates a little, who the hell is tryna talk to me at three am?

I ain't sleeping but have some consideration for a bitch right? That thought is immediety put out of my head when I see who sent me the text.

Wynter

W: Can't sleep? :/

S: How did u know?

W: Because I can't either :) Ur causing my insomnia

I laughed at his response, how can he blame me for that? We talked for hours and hours until he said he had to get reafy for school. Itwas six thirty shit, Should I go to school today? Nah ain't no body got time for that and plus I'm already at the top of my classes so one tiny hooky day won't matter.

I get out of bed and tip toe to the kitchen which is empty and I give a silent prayer to the lord for having mama go out for the day and daddy to work, I smile and turn on the radio which is playing my jam 'The Way' by Ariana Grande and I dance and sway my hips to the beat while making some cereal and then I hear a loud knock at the door.

Please don't be parents

I chant in my head, dam just when I thought I could take a freaking day off, I went to the door and gasp at the sight. "We need to talk" Wynters dad said in a gruff voice and pushed himself though me, oh hell no. "Excuse me! I know your my boy- my friends father but this is my home and you can not just barge into it, now state what you need or I will call the police" I say as he takes a seat on my furniture ignoring my speech.

"I said we need to talk and we will, now come over here Missy" He says in an commanding tone and I place my hand on my hips (Thanking myself that I had on a sweat shirt and shorts that went to my knees) and glare at him making him sigh in frustration then rub the bridge of his nose.

"Please come sit" Mr. Blake said through gritted teeth so I smiled innocently and sat on the sectional in front of him "What is it that you wanted to talk about Sir?" Even though I was fed up with his stink ass attitude and racist ways, he was still older than me as well as my boyfriends dad..not that he needed to know right now anyways.

He takes a deep breath "I know about you and Wynter, now I'm going to ask you to stop this in the nicest way possible" My jaw drops and I'm there gaping like a fish, first of all how did he find out? Secondly how dare he come to my house and stop seeing someone I care about, he straight looking for trouble.

"H-how did you even..

Mr. Blake got up and cleared his throat. "I know my son and I know when he lies but I didn't think that he'd be lying to me about something like this, not to mention how quick he is to defend you" His eyes grow darker and I get upset. "You do know why he did lie to you right? He didn't want to but he knew that you would react this way, he knew you wouldn't aprrove of us loving each other-

"THIS IS NOT LOVE, NOT WITH YOU" Mr.Blake shouts pointing at me and I rise up out of my seat as well "LOVE HAS NO COLOR!"

I shout getting all up in his face and his hand with a ring on it slaps me, making fall against my coffee table edge, more than likely making a bruise on my back. I whimper in pain and Mr. Blake's eyes soften a bit and he looks a bit hesitant to help me but then his cell phone rings and his cold gaze returns. "Hello?" He answers in that command voice. After a few seconds his blue eyes widen in horror.

He doesn't respond, just hangs up the phone and looks my way quickly for a second and then goes through the front door, bastard. I get up and limp over to the kitchen, my dad will definitely be hearing about this. I hear the house phone go off and I pick up.

"Hello?" my voiced over used from the yelling

"S-summer?" I think that this is Danny's voice sounding so horribly wounded and my attention is immediately caught.

"Danny? what's wrong? Are you alright?" Even though Danny was originally Wynters friend, we're all pretty cool now.

"I'm fine but..its Wynter" Cold blood runs through my veins and tears pile up at my eyes. "What's wrong with him!" I practically scream and he sighs. "We were in a car accident, Wynter was driving so he got more impacted..he's in a coma and we don't know when he's going to wake up. I think you need to get down her-"

I drop the phone and get my car keys and head out side, barely even seeing where I'm going because the tears are clouding my vision and I quickly wipe them away. Right now I really don't care if I'm speeding or going to receive a ticket, I just need to see my boyfriend.

******

"Are you family?" The annoying ass nurse at the front desk asks and I roll my eyes "Do it look like I'm family? I'm his girlfriend!" I yell and she looks stunned, yeah so what we a mixed race couple, you got a problem? She bites her lips and then tells me his room number.

Outside of the room I see Danny, Colter, everyone else and Mrs. Blake. Colter looked extremely guilty and Danny was looking at him sympathetically "Oh dear, Summer" Mrs. Blake coos and wraps me in her comforting embrace and I choke on my sobs. "What happened?" Colter gives me that longing look of forgiveness "It was my fault..I told him.. making him swerve and crash" He cokes out with his swollen voice and I look at him in confusion, Tyson steps infrot of him.

"He told them he was gay and I guess Wynter was so shocked and surprised, he accidentally swerved the car. Making them hit into a truck" Tyson says and I'm on the floor in tears, breaking down, Emma, Maeson, Holly and Mandy all trying to calm me down. Colter now crying and apologizing while Tyson had his arms around him cooing. I know it wasn't Colter's fault that he came out to his friends but Wynter, what about him?

Is he ever going to wake up? or if he dies..I might just kill myself. A doctor comes out of Wynters room looking at the sad display sympathetically and I look at him with watery red eyes. "When will he wake up, is he ok, can we see him?" I croak and the doctor sighs.

"Not yet. He is stable but we can't tell when he will wake up, it depends on how stressed he's been and the damage of the accident which really wasn't much. We are never able to tell exactly when a coma patient is suppose to wake up but with him, it'll be a few day or at most two weeks" He smiles sadly and every let's out a breath of relief.

Wynters not going to die, but how long will his coma last? I love my baby to death and I want- no, need to be near him when he wakes, I just loves him so much my heart hurts.

I just want my love back in my life.